Vacancy Notice Number:
Field Engineer Assistant (CS and Shelter)
6 months Special Short Term Graded Contract (G4)– with possible extension
Deadline of Applications:
03 June 2022
Number of People to be hired
Internal & External Candidates
Under the overall supervision of the Recovery & Stabilization officer, administrative supervision of the Project Field Coordinator in Adana, and the direct supervision Senior Project Assistant (Shelter and CS), the incumbent will provide support and follow up on the preparation and implementation of community stabilization & shelter projects.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support the implementation of community stabilization and shelter projects (CS-SSUs) according to project objectives and needs.
- Participate in needs assessments, FGD, and community engagement with host and refugee communities including municipalities, community representatives and beneficiaries in coordination with Senior Project Assistant (Shelter and CS).
- Assist in monitoring the shelter & CS activities to verify that they are in line with the project scope and conditions of the contract agreement and immediately inform the Senior Project Assistant (Shelter and CS). for any irregularities.
- Provide support in the preparation of the technical construction drawings, bill of quantities and materials and technical specifications.
- Provide input to the Senior Project Assistant (Shelter and CS) to technical and any admin related matters pertaining to CS and Shelter projects.
- Consolidate information and support in preparing work plans, updates, progress and assist in the preparation of the weekly and monthly report.
- Maintain systematic record of all documents related to beneficiary and project document
- Undertake duty travel as needed and directed by the Programme Officer (S&C Stabilization).
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- University degree in Civil Engineering, Architecture or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience.; or
- Highschool diploma with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in the field of construction, engineering and contract management;
- Experience in using Auto Cad;
- Experience in implementing climate change adaptation and/or disaster risk reduction projects in the Pacific region is highly desirable;
- Work experience in remote or hardship environments;
- Experience working with a non-governmental organization and/or international organization an advantage.
- Fluency in English and Turkish is required.
- Working knowledge of Arabic is advantageous.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity:
Shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political conviction and other differences.
- Integrity and transparency:
Upholds and promotes the Standards of Conduct and Unified Staff Regulations and Rules.
- Delivers on commitments; manages the organization’s resources reliably and sustainably.
- Embraces and encourages transparency, balancing this with the need for discretion and confidentiality as appropriate.
Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
- Shows self-control and persistence when faced with difficult problems and remains calm in stressful situations.
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and partners; relates well to people at all levels.
- Is fully aware of the team purpose, respects and understands individual and collective responsibilities.
- Willingly puts in extra effort without being asked and adopts a "hands-on" approach whenever necessary to achieve team objectives.
- Coordinates own work with that of the team to meet agreed priorities and deadlines.
- Delivering Results:
•Produces quality results and provides quality services to clients.
- Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services.
- Shows understanding of own role and responsibilities in relation to expected results.
- Managing and sharing knowledge:
- Shares knowledge and learning willingly, and proactively seeks to learn from the experiences of others.
•Accepts personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
- Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism; acknowledges and corrects mistakes and apply lessons learned for improvement.
- Presents information using language and sequence of ideas that is easy for recipients to understand.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit residing in Turkey will be considered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number in the subject line of the e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or to IOM Birlik Mahallesi Sehit Kurbani Akboga Sok. No:24 06610, Çankaya, Ankara Turkey by the end of 03 June 2022.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
With 165 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people.
The IOM Constitution recognizes the link between migration and economic, social and cultural development, as well as to the right of freedom of movement.