Emergency Response Program Manager (Ref: 2022-02)
|Violet Organization (Menekşe Organizasyon)||Hatay,Gaziantep|
|Arapça (C2, Level 6, Advanced),İngilizce (C2, Level 6, Advanced)|
Title: Emergency response program manager
Close Date: 21.01.2022
Job Code: VI-HR-PRF-2022-02
Location : Gaziantep OR Hatay
- Actively leading the strategic planning related to his/her programming.
- Identifying new and innovative project ideas in the sector that fit in the organizational strategy
- Ensure mainstreaming of environment, Child protection, gender, disabilities is part and paramount of the sector programming
- Maintaining good relation with all program stakeholder including donors and partners
- Ensuring Violet policies (procurement, recruitment…etc) are applied and respected.
- Developing the projects design in line with the organization’s mission, vision and strategy
- Producing high quality narrative proposals and lead the development of projects documentation including budget, work plan, log frame…etc
- Leading project managers / program officers from developing job descriptions, supervising their responsibilities to provide technical and managerial support
- Follow up on the project implementation under his/her sector.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting and review projects reports before being submitted to the donor in time
- Ensuring the mainstreaming of crosscutting issues in all projects
- Monitoring projects budget and ensuring the well expenses are in line with the budget.
- Reviewing the technical booklets of condition for the sector’s procurement and follow up the procurement with logistics.
- Follow up the recruitment with the HR department and participate in the interviews of the new applicants in Turkey.
- Ensure program quality by actively collaborating with the MEAL team in Turkey to identify shortcomings, utilize the reports received, contribute to need assessments and address observations received and ensure active coordination between project staff and MEAL
- Support Violet in identifying potential donors and funding opportunities for sector projects.
- Follow up on any requirements related to the his/her sector the donor may requests
- Ensure the compliance to the donor requirements in quality and financial matters
Coordination and Communication
- Hold regular program meetings
- Ensuring the sector teams are well staffed
- Ensure good coordination between program, MEAL and supporting teams such a media, finance, procurement
- Ensure Violet active participation and contribution in the coordination meetings (WGs/sector cluster meeting, regular meeting with donors)
Accountability and safeguarding:
- Monitor the complaints and feedback received under the sector in coordination with the project staff
- Identify lessons learnt from the complaints and feedback received and apply to the sector, where possible
- Collaborate with the safeguarding focal point to ensure all child safeguarding and PSEA measures are applied and followed in the whole sector.
Qualification (Education/Work Experience)
- University degree in Projects Management, Business Administration, or relevant fields.
- At least 3 - 5 years of experience in humanitarian sector mainly in managing and coordinating SNFI program and Cash based response projects.
Desirable / arzu edilir:
- Master degree is a plus
Core & Managerial Competencies &Technical
- Excellent working with Microsoft Office – mainly word, excel and PowerPoint with ability to use computer, internet programs and E mail
- Languages: Arabic is essential and must be Very fluent in English (writing, reading, speaking, and listening).
- Experience of remote management.
- Strong conceptual and practical understanding of the role and purpose of projects management and accountability for international humanitarian organizations
- Very strong knowledge of different programs management, modalities, needs assessment, tracking, and measurements methods along with the overall objectives of the different sectors.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills required
- Demonstrated capability to produce high-quality reports and proposals
- Adaptable, self-motivated, willing to learn and take on extra duties as required;
- Ability to oversee the projects implementation and to overcome the challenges.
- Ability to travel to Syria.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and activities.
- Ability to work extra hours as needed and be able to reach deadlines.
- Time management skills and ability to reach deadlines.
- Ability to travel inside and outside turkey.
- Dynamic worker has the ability to work with teams and individually as well as coordinating between the teams.
- Good strategic thinking
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent negotiations skills.
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to Violet, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. Violet is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
Violet expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. Violet employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside Violet.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates, please attach a Curriculum Vitae in English and a Cover letter (in a separate file of no more than one A4 page) describing how your skills and experience match the requirements of this post.please click on the below link :
Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Violet Organization (Menekşe Organizasyon)
Violet integrates the protection sector in all the aforementioned sectors. With the length of the conflict and the survival of people for long periods at stake, Violet’s response has had to not only be focused on the emergency response but on the immediate implementation of long-impact health and education sector projects in all of Idlib.
Violet worked to establish and develop its organizational structure to start officially as an organization registered in Turkey in 2014. Accordingly, Violet divided the work into key sectors that mimic the divisions of international humanitarian organizations and implemented the appropriate structure for all departments and staff.