Emergency Recruitment /Midwife (Ref: Ref: SRP-FSL-MWI-005) (Ref: RP-FSL-MWI-005.)
|SOLIDARITY RESPECT & PROTECT||Hatay|
|Arapça (C1, Level 5, Upper Intermediate),Türkçe (C2, Level 6, Advanced)|
IDENTIFICATION OF THE POSITION/ORGANIZATION
Area: Health and Nutrition
Hierarchical Superior: Medical Officer
Functional Top: Medical Officer
Directly supervise: IYCF-E counsellors
Internal relations: With personnel from the SRP and partner technical team and administrative and logistical personnel.
External Relations: Personnel from the Municipality, Regional Government and other departmental and local institutions, UN agencies, local and international NGOs, as well as community leaders.
1. General Objective of the Position
The midwife will be part of the team operating in an integrated manner with the Medical officer and IYCF counsellors in the areas most affected by the earthquake.
He/she will be required to lead the team operating in the mother-baby friendly spaces for the benefit of target groups in areas most affected by the disaster, conducting needs assessments in coordination with the Medical officer when necessary.
They will work in team and adapt their service according to the priorities identified and changing in the period of implementation of the project, assuring that the interventions are conducted preserving the dignity of beneficiaries and following strong ethical principles and confidentiality.
S/he will overview the design of the infant and young child feeding activities and sessions, ensuring they are implemented in a way that child and caregiver well-being. They will be responsible for the monitoring and reporting of training and awareness raising activities, as well as groups and individual sessions ensuring that the impact of team activities is met considering the cultural context for the most vulnerable communities.
The midwife will also be responsible for identifying the specific intervention plans. S/he will also be responsible for keeping records, monitoring service beneficiaries' progress, and reporting to the medical officer. This person will actively participate in programming and follow-up meetings of activities, sharing good practices and lessons learned that contribute to the improvement of the intervention and the expertise of partner organizations.
2. Specific Objectives
Overview and implement mother baby friendly spaces in the EQ affected areas:
- Makes sure that IYCF program is implemented according to Sphere standards.
- Organize individual (one-to-one) counseling or group counseling sessions assessing and diagnosing challenging cases of feeding. Making relevant needs assessment, planning, and implementing raising awareness of the beneficiaries, establish and lead mother-to-mother support groups.
- Provide supervision, technical assistance, and capacity building to staff in mother baby friendly spaces and responsibility for the daily implementation making sure the staff have adequate training on providing proper IYCF counseling.
- Conduct formative assessment for key behaviors and skills for IYCF and develop culturally appropriate and effective materials and adapt it to the day-to-day counseling leading the provision of IYCF messaging.
Reporting and documentation: Completion and safe/confidential storage of beneficiary data and program information
- Completion and filing of beneficiary data collection forms (quantitative and qualitative) using program tools (e.g., assessment form, follow-up form, referral form, final assessment and discharge form, etc.)
- Set project quality standards and action steps and monitor the performance accordingly and report weekly on the activities.
Coordination and communication
- Maintain regular communication with relevant stakeholders with external actors (local authorities, leaders, other NGOs, Unicef, volunteers, subcontractors, etc.).
Participate in analysis and reporting of global issues in the affected population.
- Participate in the needs assessment of the population of concern within the scope of Infant Feeding in Emergencies.
- Report to field team and medical officer information collected in the field regarding humanitarian actors’ activities and constraints.
Collaboration in security measures.
Transmits in a timely manner all the necessary and complete information to guarantee safety in the areas of action.
Will participate in Reports-Frequency
Program definition NO
Preparation of documents for donors YES Means of verification based on donor reporting requirements.
Drafting of projects YES They will contribute their knowledge of the context for donors the formulation of projects.
Preparation of budgets and financial reports NO
5. Candidate profile
Academic training : Midwife/labor and delivery nurse
Desirable specific/technical knowledge:
- Postpartum initiation of breastfeeding
- Counselling on pregnant and lactating women
- Counselling on infant feeding
Previous experience required: · Experience designing and implementing infant feeding interventions (group and individual sessions) is ideal, counselling on pregnant and lactating women.
Experience working in multidisciplinary teams.
Personal characteristics required: Honesty, humanitarian principles, institutional identification, communication skills, coordination capacity, stress management, flexibility, spirit of teamwork.
Languages: Turkish, and ideally English
Required computer programs: Advanced command of Windows, Office, for information management and reports.
Mobility required (national and international) Internal mobility in Hatay
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please send your updated CV and a cover letter to email@example.com with the subject of your email being ‘SRP-FSL-MWI-005.
SOLIDARITY RESPECT & PROTECT
SRP is a humanitarian non-governmental organization founded in 2020 by a group of young people, experts, and community activists of different nationalities, races and genders interested in the humanitarian issue and inspiring in addressing societal, developmental and emergency issues that need to be addressed with creative and rapid interventions in a professional manner and in a participatory manner with stakeholders.
We believe that supporting society, people with disabilities and women to obtain rights and build peace and justice in society is the way to achieve peace.
SRP carries out its activities through the Gaziantep center focusing protection of women, refugees, PwD and adolescent girls.