Dünya Doktorları Derneği
Medecins du Monde Turkey (MDM-T) / Dünya Doktorları Derneği (DDD) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organisation that facilitates access to healthcare for populations affected by armed conflict, violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty and exclusion.
Our organization collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to implement projects that facilitate access to primary and secondary-level healthcare services to respond to the medical needs of displaced population.
DDD is the 16th member of the Doctors of the World International Network that is committed to meeting the health needs of vulnerable people globally.
Please visit www.dunyadoktorlari.org.tr to learn more.
Since 2015, DDD implements programs in both Turkey and Syria providing refugee and IDP communities with free access to healthcare services. DDD works with a range of humanitarian professionals and technical experts to provide Primary Healthcare (PHC), Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) services as well as sexual and reproductive health (SRH).
Since the beginning of the Syria and Iraqi crises, Turkey has become host to over 3 million refugees, migrants and asylum seekers which led to an increasing demand for health services. In this context, DDD’s intervention aims to assist local public health systems in providing and improving access to health and health related services to vulnerable populations among refugees and migrants in Turkey, specifically in Hatay, Izmir and Istanbul. In Syria, DDD runs health facilities Afrin provinces and Idlib to deliver health-related services to IDPs.
Hierarchical & Functional links
The purpose of this emergency recruitment is to fill human resources gap for our emergency response for recent earthquake disaster in Türkiye. Employment will be depend on donor approval. This will be a short term position, the accommodation will be provided by DDD
Due to emergency of the current situation, the candidates who are volunteer to work in the emergency field are highly encouraged.
Base at Hatay, the Project Psycho-Social Support Officer is under the management of the Team Leader of the Mobile Unit (Medical Doctor) & Field Coordinator.
- Provision of psychosocial support and counselling
- Strengthen referral pathways
- Ensure activities are up to standard
- Analysis, Detection and Reduction of Risk Factors
- Develop and Perform Preventive Measures
- Other duties
Provision of Psychosocial Support & Counselling
- Under the management of Team Leader and supervision of the Clinical Psychologist, she/he will assess the needs of persons and families referred by the case workers to confirm the need for psychosocial support;
- She/he will define appropriate activities according to the needs identified (individual counselling, the number of sessions, and the type of activity planned) and will follow up those persons in coordination with the Clinical Psychologist;
- She/he will organise individual sessions, including music, theatre, sport, visual art and indoor/outdoor activities as appropriate in coordination with the Clinical Psychologist.
Strengthen referral pathways
- She/he will strengthen field coordination and referral pathways between mental health and psychosocial support actors in the community by sharing accurate information on the services provided;
- In coordination with the case management team, she/he will advise for external referral to psychologist, psychiatrist, and/or other Mental Health services if needed.
Ensure activities are up to standard
- S/he will ensure disaggregated and cumulative tracking of beneficiaries and documentation of all activities and outcomes;
- S/he will maintain program files and documentation as per program management minimum standards, including maintaining the confidentiality and security of PSS beneficiary data;
- S/he will ensure programming is on track to meet objectives; reporting regularly on important issues that are cross-cutting.
Analysis, Detection and Reduction of Risk Factors
- In collaboration with the mobile team, explore and detect potential risk factors influencing mental health status of the target population;
- When required, coordinate with other stakeholders to reduce and/or eliminate potential risk factors
Develop and Perform Preventive Measures
- In collaboration with the mobile team, develop and implement innovative preventive mental health interventions and activities to be undertaken within the community
- She/he will write monthly reports on all the activities implemented as requested by the Team Leader according to the project and management indicators;
- She/he will assist the Team Leader in providing sufficient and detailed information for program reporting and evaluation;
- Based on the on-going monitoring of the activities, she/he will ensure lessons learnt and success stories from the project are documented and reported to her/his manager;
- She/he will ensure that each of her/his sessions is documented to comply with donor audit requirements.
- Provide a mission report and/or handover document at the end of contract.
Other Related Tasks
- Participate in internal work meetings;
- Report any security related issues to the line manager;
- Support operational organisation of field trips and DDD activities;
- Any other relevant duties requested by the line manager.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description and job title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
Education & Qualification
- University degree or equivalent in psychology
- At least 2 years’ experience as psychotherapist. An experience in similar role in humanitarian assistance/with other Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) is an asset;
- Mandatory experience in psychological first aid and in providing trainings, organizing group counselling;
- Required: Turkish & Arabic (oral and written);
- Preferred: English
General Qualities required:
- Flexibility and capacity of adapt to complex and changing contexts;
- Ability to work in an international context and collaborate with international and national experts;
- Familiar with multicultural environment;
Dünya Doktorları Derneği is an equal opportunity employer whereby we ensure all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without the practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to apply:
Please apply with your CV and motivation letter in ENGLISH through our website
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği
DDD in Turkey, in collaboration with different partners, is running a project aiming at facilitating access and orienting beneficiaries to primary and secondary level of health care services, providing Psycho Social Support for the refugees and migrants in Turkey.