Vacancy Notice Number:
6 Months Special Short Term Graded Contract-with possible extension (G2)
Deadline of Applications:
18 November 2019
Number of Vacant Positions:
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Sub Office in Hatay and and direct supervision of Logistics and Fleet Assistant based in Gaziantep and administrative supervision of the Logistics and Administrative Assistant based in Hatay, the incumbent will be responsible for providing driving/messenger support and staff travel throughout Hatayss for authorized and official purposes and other duties associated with the driving of IOM vehicles.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive IOM vehicle(s) and transport authorized personnel, and others as requested by the supervisor.
- Responsible for the day to day maintenance of the assigned vehicle: oil check, water, batter, brakes, tires, etc.
- Ensure the vehicles are serviced timely as per maintenance schedules.
- Make sure the vehicles have always full tanks prior to field trips.
- Ensure the vehicles are kept clean as well as maintain proper personal hygiene to respect the sensitivities of passengers using the vehicle.
- Ensure that IOM vehicle(s) are used only for official/authorized business as advised by the supervisor.
- Filling in of the daily log sheet for travel including mileage, fuel consumption, destinations, and passengers in English
- Keep a high degree of confidentiality and discreteness in discussions which involve IOM and its officials.
- Ensure that the steps required by the local rules and regulations (pertaining to driving) are taken in case of involvement in an accident
- Compliance with security practices and radio checks as it pertains to the UNDSS security plans for Turkey.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree in Social Sciences, Business Administration, or a related field from an accredited academic institution; or
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience.
- Knowledge of vehicle maintenance and troubleshooting capabilities;
- Proven knowledge of local traffic laws and routes of the duty station;
- Knowledge of radio operations (VHF/HF);
- Proven safe driving record;
- Previous experience in working with other International Organization.
- Fluency in Turkish and English is required.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit residing in Turkey will be considered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number in the subject line of the e-mail or to IOM Birlik Mahallesi Sehit Kurbani Akboga Sokak No:24 Cankaya, Ankara by the end of 18 November 2019.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
With 165 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people.
The IOM Constitution recognizes the link between migration and economic, social and cultural development, as well as to the right of freedom of movement.