TERMS OF REFERENCE
Title: Driver x2
Reporting to: NWS Logistics Coordinator (technical line) – Operations Manager (TUR)
Duration: Two and half months
ABOUT Relief International.
Relief International (RI) is a leading nonprofit organization working in 16 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
RI includes the four corporate members of the RI Alliance: RI-US, RI-UK, MRCA/RI-France and RI-Europe. Under our alliance agreement, we operate as a single, shared management structure.
RI is active in 16 countries around the world, including some of the most fragile: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Myanmar, Pakistan, Philippines, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Turkey, and Yemen. Often, RI is the only organization providing assistance to highly vulnerable communities.
RI employs 7,000+ staff and auxiliary workers
97% of staff are local nationals
We only have some 90 ex-pat staff out of 7,000+
RI spent $150 million in 2019 on our programs
Often, RI is the only organization providing assistance to highly vulnerable communities.
RI invests in four broad program sectors: Economic Opportunity, Education, Health, and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene. We design our programs to incorporate The RI Way: local participation, integrated programming, the development of civic skills, and complementary partnerships including with local NGOs, governments, and the private sector. RI supports solutions that reinforce and improve upon existing in-country systems. Where such systems do not exist or are chronically underperforming, RI’s crisis response lays the foundation for long-term, sustainable change.
About our Country Program/ Regional Programs:
Middle East Region
RI in the Middle East has programs in six countries - Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Turkey and Yemen, with a focus on the 4 main RI sectors: Health, WASH, Education and Economic Opportunity.
Relief International currently employs 3900 staff (direct and indirect) in the region and has a range of emergency response and development programs valued at 70 million USD on an annual basis.
Relief International (RI) is actively looking for a skilled Policy and Advocacy Coordinator who will take the lead in enhancing the visibility of our operations, driving communications and advocacy initiatives throughout the entire country office, and represent our work in Disability and Inclusion Task Team in different fora. This role encompasses oversight of activities related to development of advocacy papers, and policy briefings rooted in RI's research and desk studies, representing RI in technical forums related to Disability and inclusion such as technical working groups, communication internally and externally, and oversight with partners’ communications. Additionally, the coordinator will be responsible for the organization and coordination of various events, which may include, but are not limited to, annual summits, stakeholder workshops, and roundtable meetings.
Under the direct supervision of the logistics coordinator, Their primary responsibilities include transporting RI staff from airports to hotels or RI guesthouse and transporting RI staff as per their travel requests to meeting locations or other cities where is RI having projects with the partners, carrying out vehicle maintenance checks and interacting with passengers in a professional conduct.
Key Responsibilities and Duties.
- Ensure that only authorised people enter vehicles, i.e. RI staff, partner organization members, etc.
- Ensure that all personnel wear a seatbelt and that total number of passengers is within legal limits.
- Must always drive carefully respecting all traffic rules, speed limits, other vehicles and pedestrians.
- Must not use mobile a phones while driving.
- Ensure that nobody is smoking while in the vehicle.
- Ensure that all non- staff in the vehicle has signed before a disclaimer of responsibility.
- Ensure that no weapons enter the vehicles.
- Ensure that all material transported is authorised before transport and it is within loading capacity.
- Ensure that all vehicle’s and driver’s documents are in vehicle, i.e. driving licence, registration papers, insurance, and inform line manager if something is missing or expiring soon.
- Ensure that there are always enough Disclaimers of Responsibility for all non- staff to sign.
- Ensure that vehicle is always clean (inside and outside) while engine should also be cleaned on a regular basis.
- Fill gas whenever level is below half and before weekends or holidays.
- Daily check the technical conditions of the assigned vehicle (state of the tires, oil, fuel, brakes, spare parts, etc.), perform weekly check according to the logbook and keeping it clean to ensure it can be driven in perfect conditions
- Report immediately to line manager of any mechanical or other problems related to vehicle.
- Use vehicle Logbook in order to monitor movements, services, accidents, refuelling, mileage, etc.
- Adjust his/her working hours according to the operation’s needs.
- Follow any other request by Line Manager.
- You are directly supervised by the Senior logistic officer or assistant and you will have your instructions from them and them only. You have to follow the exact instructions given to you by them which is as follow:
- Daily Check on cars. Every day you have to check your vehicle:
- The battery power
- Water levels in the vehicle
- Engine oil levels
- Break's oil
- The tires
- The First aid kit box
- Fire extinguisher
- Cleanliness and tidiness of the car
- Gasoline Levels
- Make sure that you have the car daily movement sheet and make sure that you have the time to finish it.
- Avoid speeding and always follow the road instructions otherwise you will be fined and it'll be deducted from your salary.
- Always park your car in the designated spot and make sure that all windows and
- Doors are shut.
- Drivers must never leave their cars running while parked.
- Make sure that you hand your daily sheet to your supervisor by the end of the day.
- Do not ever use your phone will driving - in case of emergency, park aside and use your headset while calling.
- RI cars should not be smoked in. and if someone smokes don't argue with him just
- Pull over and call your supervisor and follow his instructions.
- Drivers must never have an extra passenger penalties will be high and strict.
- Passengers other than RI employees are forbidden. Unless permission is granted by your supervisor
- Seat belt is a must.
- Follow the security system which is to inform the concerned parties in the time of leaving from place to another
- Maintain confidentiality regarding all information accessed by virtue of duties and responsibility, of either fellow staff or concerning IR business in general.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Minimum 1-year experience in a similar position
- Driver license
- Previous experience with NGO will be an asset
- Fluency in Turkish. Any English and/or Arabic skills will be an asset.
- Able to prioritize
- Work independently & within a team
- Diligent in work processes
- Flexible in schedule, attitude and work prioritization.
Other related tasks that may from time to time
- Uphold and promote RI’s commitment to ensuring the safeguarding and safety of the vulnerable communities we serve.
- Consistent with RI’s safeguarding and protection policies, ensure your job-related activity and practice is compliant with safeguarding standards.
For all Manager level and above roles:
- You will ensure a positive and productive work environment which is free from harassment and bullying.
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity and understanding of diversity and cultural differences, gender issues and the commitment to equal opportunities.
Guided by the humanitarian principles of humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and independence, as well as “Do No Harm,” Relief International Values:
How to apply
- In case you meet the requirements and you are interested in the position, please send your CV and Cover Letter in English in addition to three professional references to provided. in email@example.com before , December 25, 2023, stating in the subject "Driver:"
Please apply immediately we will be reviewing applicants on a rolling basis, therefore may withdraw the position for the job board closing date.
Relief International has a zero-tolerance policy for unlawful harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse. Relief International is committed to protecting our staff and the communities we work with from abuse and harm including sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and sexual harassment.
Note: Relief International is an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination on any basis. We actively seek out diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be collectively stronger and have sustained global impact.
We are committed to providing an environment of respect and psychological safety where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We do not engage in or tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, or any other protected group in the locations where we work.
If needed, Relief International will submit a work permit application on behalf of the selected candidate after the job offer is accepted - Failure to provide the required documents or rejection of a work permit application by the Government of Türkiye will result in the employment offer being rescinded
Due to limited resources, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
RI TÜRKİYE CANDIDATE PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice was drafted by Relief International Türkiye (“RI Türkiye”) as a data controller in accordance with Article 10 of the Turkish Law No 6698 on the Protection of Personal Data (“Law”) and the Communiqué on the Principles and Procedures in Conforming with the Obligation to Inform.
On the legal bases referred to in Article 5/f processing of data is necessary for the legitimate interests pursued by the data controller, provided that this processing shall not violate the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject." RI Türkiye shall process your name-surname, e-mail address, mobile phone, references, and CV/resume personal data for carrying out selection and placement processes for job candidates, and transfer them to third party suppliers through your applications to published RI Türkiye job ads via employment agencies or sending your CV/resume to RI Türkiye directly by wholly or partly automatic means. Additionally, RI Türkiye is going to get in touch with your references assuming that all obligatory information is given, and consents are obtained by your side about sharing their personal data with RI Türkiye.
You may submit your requests to RI Türkiye under Article 11 of the Law concerning the rights of the data subject in accordance with the Communique on the Procedures and Principles of Application to a Data Controller.
For more information please click here.
Relief International is committed to protecting our staff and the communities we work with from abuse and harm including sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and sexual harassment.
All staff are expected to abide by our Code of Conduct.
Recruitment to all roles in Relief International include a criminal records self-declaration, references and other pre-employment checks, which may include police and qualifications checks.