Dünya Doktorları Dernegi (DDD)/Mececins du Monde Turkey (MDM-T) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organisation that facilitates access to healthcare for populations affected by armed conflict, violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty and exclusion.
Our organization collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to implement projects that facilitate access to primary and secondary-level healthcare services to respond to the medical needs of displaced population.
DDD is the 16th member of the Doctors of the World International Network that is committed to meeting the health needs of vulnerable people globally.
Since 2015, DDD implements programs in both Turkey and Syria providing refugee and IDP communities with free access to healthcare services. DDD works with a range of humanitarian professionals and technical experts to provide Primary Healthcare (PHC), Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS)services as well as sexual and reproductive health (SRH).
Since the beginning of the Syria and Iraqi crises, Turkey has become host to over 3 million refugees, migrants and asylum seekers which led to an increasing demand for health services. In this context, DDD’s intervention aims to assist local public health systems in providing and improving access to health and health related services to vulnerable populations among refugees and migrants in Turkey, specifically in Hatay, Izmir and Istanbul. In Syria, DDD runs health facilities in Idlib and Afrin provinces to deliver health-related services to IDPs.
Hierarchical & Functional links
Based in Qah, Idlib, the Driver is under the line management of the Logistics Assistant
The driver is responsible for driving the vehicles and the safety of passengers.
- Driving vehicles and passenger safety and security of transported materials/equipment
- Adapting his/her behavior and driving to assure passengers' security, equipment and the rest of road/street users (drivers, pedestrians, etc.).
- Always drive according to the Syrian circulation code and respecting speed limits
- Respect DDD rules of security:
- Any other passengers than DDD team during his service are forbidden (except if it is authorized by the direct supervisor)
- Weapons in the vehicle or passengers with weapons are forbidden
- Phone call during driving are not allowed
- Always wearing safety belt while driving and ensuring all passengers do the same
- Ensuring having a valid driving license and always have it ready for any eventual inspection
- Ensuring that all necessary documents are valid and renewed before the expiration date
- Maintenance of the vehicle
- Provide a mission report and/or handover document at the end of contract.
- Checking on a daily and weekly basis the vehicle's motor, oil level, breaks liquid, air pressure of wheels, wind shield liquid, etc.
- Alerting direct supervisor in case of technical problem or need for maintenance.
- Organizing any necessary maintenance.
- Ensuring the vehicle is clean on the inside and outside.
- Ensuring all necessary equipment and material is present in the vehicle and in good condition.
- Any other related DDD tasks as assigned by supervisor/line manager.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description and job title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
Knowledge & Qualification
- Secondary degree,
- 2 years in a driver position in NGOs or relevant institution
- Required: Arabic (oral and written).
IT & Equipment
- Good Knowledge with Smart phone.
General Qualities required:
- Flexibility and capacity of adapt to complex and changing contexts;
- Able to handle work pressure.
- Familiar with multicultural environment;
Dünya Doktorları Derneği is an equal opportunity employer whereby we ensure all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without the practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to apply:
- Please apply with your CV and motivation letter in ENGLISH through our website.
- The deadline for submitting the applications is 13.10.2019.
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği
DDD in Turkey, in collaboration with different partners, is running a project aiming at facilitating access and orienting beneficiaries to primary and secondary level of health care services, providing Psycho Social Support for the refugees and migrants in Turkey.
- MEDICAL REFERENT - IZMIR
- MEDICAL OFFICER - IZMIR
- ADMIN-HR OFFICER-ANTAKYA
- PHARMACIST ASSISTANT - JINDIRES
- INTERPRETER/TRANSLATOR - JINDIRES
- PROJECT FACILITY MANAGER - SULTANGAZİ
- PROJECT PHC OFFICER-YENİKAPI
- Project Case Management Assistant - Yenikapı
- MISSION PHARMACIST - ANTAKYA
- PROJECT DRIVER - ANTAKYA