“ We go the last mile. Founded in Afghanistan, against the backdrop of a forgotten crisis, Acted’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard-to-reach areas. Millions of vulnerable people around the world need humanitarian assistance today, and hundreds of millions will need it tomorrow, in the face of the growing threat of climate change. We believe that our assistance must be conceptualised and delivered within the framework of people’s natural environments, and the territories on which they depend. Therefore, Acted pursues a triple mandate as a humanitarian, environmental and development aid actor, contributing to the relief, stabilisation, and recovery of crisis-affected people in fragile areas. This vision is guided by the motto “Think Local – Act Global” - reflecting the need to rely on a deep understanding of local territories and contexts to develop and implement actions based on local knowledge, structures and capacities. This local thinking contributes to a global response - running through all Acted programming and operations - as we work together towards the building of a 3ZERO world: a world with Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, and Zero Poverty”.
Acted’s greening strategy aims to tackle environmental degradation and climate change while meeting the needs of the most vulnerable who are often those most affected by the deepening environmental crisis. Each Acted employee will adhere to these principles through key green programming responsibilities:
- Contribute towards the adherence and development of the greening strategy plan.
- Explore innovative green programming opportunities and/or solutions within your realm of responsibilities and roles.
- Encouraging and promoting environmental safeguarding processes and environmental programming standards in accordance with SOPs and technical guideline notes.
Acted PSEAH Policy:
The Distribution Project Officer has the responsibility to adhere to the PSEAH Policy (Protection against Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment). Distribution Project Officer has the obligation to complete all mandatory trainings related to the Code of Conduct and the PSEA policy and report any safeguarding concern such as breaches of organisational policies or codes of conduct according to Acted’s procedures. Distribution Project Officer carries out work duties in a way that does not harm children, vulnerable adults or other staff or volunteers.
Project Officer-Distribution under the supervision of Distribution Senior Officer will be responsible for distribution of commodities (i.e.but not limited to non-food, food) in the field according to the methodologies and guidelines provided by ACTED in the field in Antakya as well as supervising the distribution assistants during the implementation of the distribution.
- Implement distribution projects activities in the field.
- Complete deliverables to specification and within timeline.
- Represent Program and ACTED in Relevant Sectors.
- Provide required information to relevant parties as dictated by contract and procedures.
- Identify best practices and lessons learned.
- Helping beneficiaries obtain the necessary aid and information about the implemented aid and relief.
- Preparing the distribution reports accurately within timeline.
Project Implementation & Planning
To plan, set up and supervise distribution activities according to SOP defined by ACTED;
- To distribute commodities to eligible beneficiaries strictly following verification process and methodology and standards defined by ACTED;
- To collect all relevant documentation listed in the Distribution Guideline needed for reporting after distributions. (i.e., beneficiary lists, Commodity handover form, also via KoBo app)
- Submit accurate and detailed reports on distributions and assistance provided to beneficiaries during distributions.
- Record notes using records / daily report/ and deliver them to the Senior Distribution officer/ Debrief daily with Senior Distribution officer.
- Allocate staff required for the distribution and assign specific responsibilities to the project assistants;
- Conduct Market Assessment and Market Monitoring.
- Support in and contribute to the registration process.
- In time of a rapid-onset food program, participate in and contribute to rapid assessments.
- Work under direction of Senior Distribution officer in coordination with Local Councils to set up safe and efficient, organized distributions and redemptions, including site selection,
- Participate in and contribute to regular Program Management discussions about ways to improve program safety, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Understand and protect the rights and dignity of all community members and beneficiaries, especially the most vulnerable. Support ACTED in the continued development and implementation of systems to promote protection and safety.
- Carry out beneficiary assessments based on predefined assessment formats; lead field assessor’s teams in the area of operation.
- Contribution with Senior Distribution officer in distributions, including ensuring the implementation of safe delivery and distribution to beneficiaries of Cash and/or vouchers and/or in-kind items, adhering to ACTED (SOP), safety and security measures.
- Liaise with Logistics, Finance and other departments as appropriate to identify and plan the support needed for implementation of projects.
- To support with data entry after distributions as required;
- To support with data analysis and reporting when called upon;
- To process data and information from field – ensure quality and accuracy of all distribution data;
- To support information awareness campaign to inform beneficiaries on distribution related information;
- To ensure that up-to-date files, beneficiary lists are maintained, both electronically and in paper form;
- To perform accurate filing of all processed documents, monthly consolidated filing of key project documents in the office.
- To keep the trackers updated after each distribution.
Key Performance Indicators
- 95% of Planned Daily activities are implemented in time.
- 100% of the program documentation produced during beneficiary’s identification, selection, and registration process are timely submitted, and transparent in accordance with the program guideline.
- Number of distributions that were followed and participated in.
- Number of reports prepared and shared with project senior officer on time.
- Number of registrations and assessments conducted during the project cycle.
- Number of justified complaints received from other staff and/or beneficiaries;
- % of justified beneficiary complaints resolved;
- Positive on-site distribution monitoring reports;
Professionalism and Personal Qualities
- College or University degree or undergraduate.
- At least one year experience with emergency programs including food and/or NFI with in-kind,
- Excellent organizational and program management skills and the ability to anticipate program needs.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work in challenging environments.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- A willingness to learn quickly, ask questions, and improve on his/her skills.
- Excellent communication, diplomatic and motivational skills with program staff, beneficiaries and other stakeholders.
- English, Turkish and Arabic languages skills are required,
- Strong technical skills in MS Office, especially Excell.
How to apply;
Interested applicants should apply by filling out the https://forms.office.com/e/eXmzacUFQm Please fill out this form and if you have any issues regarding the form please reach out to email@example.com
For business needs, candidates are encouraged to apply that are Turkish ID holders and legally able to work in Turkey will be considered.
By applying for this position you certify that all the details of your current application, are true to the best of your background and knowledge. You accept the legal mentions of www.acted.org and authorize the automated processing of your personal data by ACTED for recruitment, HR management and administrative compliance control purposes, in accordance with European regulations for the protection of personal data.
ACTED is committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse in the framework of its programs in Syria. The successful candidate will be required to adhere to ACTED Code of conduct and ACTED Global Policies, especially regarding the protection of children and the protection against sexual exploitation and abuse. A rigorous reference and background checks will be undertaken, and information will be requested from previous employers about any disciplinary action of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, and/or sexual harassment during employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
ACTED is committed to gender equity and to have a balanced and diverse workforce. ACTED strongly encourages qualified women, persons with disabilities, and persons from under-represented groups to apply for the position.
ACTED offers a variety of arrangements that enable women to excel in their careers, including flexible working hours for work-life balance, maternity leave, and career coaching.
ACTED never uses external recruitment agencies and recruitment is always free of charge.
The necessity of ensuring the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity, with proper attention to promoting diversity, is the most important concern in the recruitment and employment of staff at ACTED.
This position for limited period (3 months), it might be extended.
Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications to be considered for the current job opening. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision, or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided.
ACTED reserves the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
ACTED currently has operations in northern Syria and Turkey. The activities include WASH, Non-Food Items, Food Security, Capacity Development, and Information Management in camps, urban and rural areas.