Position: Deputy M&E Manager
Duty station: Gaziantep
Line Manager: M&E Manager
Starting date: 1 October 2020
Insana Değer Derneği (IDD) is a non-governmental, non-profit organisation providing relief and development assistance in Turkey. IDD is committed to the best practice and quality of work of its staff, its partner organisations and other associates. IDD programs focus mainly on livelihood, food security, rural rehabilitation and emergency education. Operations are managed from Turkey where IDD’s main office is established serving as administrative and logistics support of program being implemented directly or through partners.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with Programmes about M&E tasks, and liaise between responsible Gaziantep field coordinators to ensure activities are planned effectively and on time (verification, distribution/regular monitoring, post-distribution monitoring, ad-hoc spot checking, market monitoring, rapid and comprehensive needs assessments)
- Communicate with M&E Officers concerning data management and reporting to oversee verification and scoring of beneficiaries and support processes and program teams.
- Assist the MEAL Manager and Gaziantep field coordinators in supervising field teams to ensure progress against plans, timely reporting of outputs, challenges, and liaison with local partners.
- Foster good coordination and relationships and timely sharing of key issues within and across key departments: FSL, WASH, Finance, Logistics, and Country Management Team, as necessary.
Reporting and system strengthening
- Oversee timely uploading of relevant programme documentation for approval to Gaziantep programme and finance teams, including payment planning documents, beneficiary lists, Payment Approval Forms, etc.
- Support MEAL Manager in ensuring tools are aligned with Results Frameworks across all donors and partners, and that tools are being used effectively and are well understood by field teams.
- Assist the MEAL Manager in developing and implementing rigorous monitoring mechanisms for relevant projects to ensure compliance with internal and donor requirements (anti-fraud mechanisms, beneficiary feedback and selection, accountability and transparency etc.).
- Support the MEAL Manager in planning monitoring mechanisms for project proposals, including assistance on Results Framework development and indicator tracking.
- Produce high-quality and rigorous data analysis for post-distribution and evaluative reporting, supporting Gaziantep-based M&E Officers, where necessary.
- Actively participate in Monitoring and Evaluation working groups, discussions and external forums, sharing lessons learned and feeding lessons back in coordination with the MEAL Manager.
- In conjunction with the MEAL Manager, create activity plans (weekly, monthly, annually) in relation to M&E data collection based on the needs of different sectors or modalities and their respective reporting timelines.
Human Resource Management
- Provide day-to-day support, coordination and mentoring to Gaziantep-based M&E Officers. Support where necessary Gaziantep M&E Officer oversight of field teams.
- Provide capacity building support on key aspects of program planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting to field and Gaziantep staff to promote professional development, identifying opportunities for relevant trainings to be provided by third parties.
- Develop strategies for increasing M&E Department capacity, including hiring staff, where necessary.
Qualifications and preferred skills
- Bachelor’s Degree minimum required or equivalent University Degree
- 3 to 4 years of experience with an international NGO – Team Management and Team Supervision experience required, Training experience an asset
Good Knowledge and understanding of humanitarian programming, including understanding of project cycle management (PCM)
Advanced skills in Monitoring and Evaluation methodologies, including:
- Tool design in line with project indicators – including both quantitative and qualitative methodologies
- Proven proficiency in data analysis using Excel and/or other statistical software (SPSS)
- Prior experience with training enumerators on quantitative and qualitative tools
- Experience with analysis of complex surveys
- Proficiency in written English and presentation and analysis of complex data sets
- Ability to work with teams in tense and high volatile contexts
- Data and project analytical capacities
- Communication and teaching abilities
- Problem solving abilities, including: attention to detail, autonomy, organisation and flexibility
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point & Outlook) and digital data collection software – Kobo Collect
- English: Written and spoken fluency mandatory
- Arabic: Written and spoken fluency mandatory
- Ability to manage a team (recruitment, motivation, evaluation, staff development, Leading/delegating)
- Ability to adapt management style to the distance and the nature of the relationship - Ability to set and manage priorities
**Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this vacancy