Data & Reporting Officer (Ref: 202222111120)
|Dünya Doktorları Derneği||İzmir|
Dünya Doktorları Derneği
Medecins du Monde Turkey (MDM-T) / Dünya Doktorları Dernegi (DDD) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organisation that facilitates access to healthcare for populations affected by armed conflict, violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty and exclusion.
Our organization collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to implement projects that facilitate access to primary and secondary-level healthcare services to respond to the medical needs of displaced population.
DDD is the 16th member of the Doctors of the World International Network that is committed to meeting the health needs of vulnerable people globally.
Please visit www.dunyadoktorlari.org.tr to learn more
Since 2015, DDD implements programs in both Turkey and Syria providing refugee and IDP communities with free access to healthcare services. DDD works with a range of humanitarian professionals and technical experts to provide Primary Healthcare (PHC), Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) services as well as sexual and reproductive health (SRH).
Since the beginning of the Syria and Iraqi crises, Turkey has become host to over 3 million refugees, migrants and asylum seekers which led to an increasing demand for health services. In this context, DDD’s intervention aims to assist local public health systems in providing and improving access to health and health related services to vulnerable populations among refugees and migrants in Turkey, specifically in Hatay, Izmir and Istanbul. In Syria, DDD runs health facilities in Idlib and Afrin provinces to deliver health-related services to IDPs.
Hierarchical & Functional links
Based in İzmir, the Project Data and Reporting Officer(MEAL focus) is under the administrative line management of the Project Manager and will receive technical supervision from MEAL Manager and MEAL Coordinator.
Status: Fixed-Term Contract with optional extension
Expected Starting Date: ASAP
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning
- Data collection
- Data entry including supervision for relevant staff
- Quality assurance
- Other related tasks
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning 40%
- Lead the implementation of Monitoring and Evaluation activities (including baseline and end line studies) at field level by conducting quantitative and qualitative data collection with refugee communities, key stakeholders, and applying other M&E tools such as observation checklists, etc.
- Lead the field – level processes to capture the lessons learned and good practices while conducting M&E activities, including facilitating field level meetings towards setting the basis for field level organizational learning
- Being the field focal point of the programmatic data collection and reporting systems (KoboToolbox, etc.) with respect to ensuring their implementation as planned, and supporting the rollout processes of new data collection systems and/or updates on the current ones
- Participating in field level project review meetings to inform program teams and relevant managerial roles regarding the findings of the M&E activities, areas of improvement and necessary actions to be taken
- Refer on potential vulnerable cases or sensitive issues that might be observed in the field to program team
- Keep line manager informed of any safety incident that might take place
- Lead the translation of data as inputs to the M&E tools, internal and external reporting
Reporting and information 40%
- Lead the compilation of weekly and monthly reports, that are about the achievements and challenges related to monitoring and evaluation activities, to be sent to the line manager, MEAL Department and other relevant staff members
- Lead on field level data management, analysis, and reporting processes
- As necessary, support MEAL manager on country level data management, analysis, and reporting processes
- In absence of relevant staff members, produce weekly report about the calls received through DDD Programmatic Feedback and Complaints Hotline to the line manager, MEAL Department and other relevant staff members
- In the absence of relevant staff members, support the implementation of DDD Accountability mechanisms by receiving calls from the hotline, systematically checking complaint boxes in DDD premises (if applicable) and informing refugee community members on the existing communication channels of the Accountability mechanisms through systematic field visits
- In the absence of relevant staff members, recording the received complaints and feedback to be communicated to program teams and relevant managerial roles in a timely manner
- In the absence of relevant staff members, monitoring whether both accountability mechanisms (programmatic and Code of Conduct) are advertised through appropriate tools (posters, fliers, boxes) adequately within DDD premises (if applicable)
- In the absence of relevant staff members, solve problems and conflicts that might occur during monitoring or receiving complaints, report to line manager
- Respect the privacy of the persons of concern and the confidentiality;
- Participate in internal work meetings and inform DDD team on logistic issues;
- Provide regular reporting on her/his activities to the line manager upon solicitation;
- Any other relevant duties requested by the line manager.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description and job title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
Knowledge & Qualification
University degree or equivalent professional qualification (mandatory).
1 to 3 years work experience in M&E and/or grants and reporting.
- Required: Good level of English (oral and written);
- Required: Good level of Turkish (oral and written);
IT & Equipment
Good proficiency with data entry apps and simple data analysis through MS Excel and/or similar software
Relevant skills and competencies
- Good analytical skills and an understanding of a range of methods for monitoring, evaluation and assessment to promote evidence-based learning.
- Demonstrated ability and understanding to design, commission, and manage assessment methodologies and techniques such as surveys, focus group discussions and key informant interviews.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to analyse data and summarize it for a range of different audiences.
- Ability to build support from staff across teams and across members, and to build the capacity of others.
Team Management & Delegation
- Ability to work well in a team in difficult circumstance
- Ability to multitask
Communication & Information flow
- Ability to work with local/ community partners;
- Ability to effectively take and give direction.
General Qualities required:
- Flexibility and capacity of adapt to complex and changing contexts;
- Familiar with multicultural environment.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği is an equal opportunity employer whereby we ensure all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without the practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to apply:
Please apply with your CV and motivation letter in ENGLISH through our website.
The deadline for submitting the applications is 23.02.2023.
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği
DDD in Turkey, in collaboration with different partners, is running a project aiming at facilitating access and orienting beneficiaries to primary and secondary level of health care services, providing Psycho Social Support for the refugees and migrants in Turkey.
- Sosyal Çalışma Görevlisi (Case Worker) İzmir
- Internal Audit Officer
- Acil Durum Çağrısı: Cinsel ve Üreme Sağlığı Danışmanı (Call for Emergency: SRH Counsellor) HATAY
- Acil: Sosyal Çalışma Görevlisi(Urgent: Case Worker) HATAY
- Acil: Tercüman(Urgent: Translator) HATAY
- Acil: Birincil Basamak Sağlık Hizmeti Doktoru(Urgent: PHC Doctor) HATAY
- Acil: Hemşire(Urgent: Nurse) HATAY
- Acil: Klinik Psikolog(Urgent: Clinical Psychologist) HATAY
- Emergency Call: Registrar Jinderes/Afrin
- Emergency Call: Nurse Jinderes/Afrin
- Emergency Call: PHC Doctor Jinderes/Afrin
- Acil: Şoför(Urgent: Driver) HATAY
- Emergency Call: Cleaner Jinderes/Afrin
- Emergency Call: Laboratory Technician Jinderes/Afrin
- Acil: Koruma Sorumlusu(Urgent: Protection Officer) HATAY
- Emergency Call: Midwife Afrin
- Emergency Call: Driver Afrin
- Emergency Call: Community Health Worker Afrin
- Emergency Call: Paediatrician Afrin
- Emergency Call: Watchman Afrin
- Emergency Call: Psychologist Afrin
- Emergency Call: Case Manager-Psychosocial Worker
- Emergency Call: Primary Health Care Doctor And Team Leader Idlib
- Emergency Call: Paediatrician Idlib
- Emergency Call: Midwife Idlib
- Emergency Call: Nurse Idlib
- Emergency Call: Case Manager-Psychosocial Worker Idlib
- Emergency Call: Pharmacist Idlib
- Emergency Call: Psychologist Idlib
- Emergency Call: Data Entry Operator Idlib
- Emergency Call: Community Health Worker
- Emergency Call: Driver Idlib
- Emergency Call: Data Entry Operator Afrin
- Emergency Call: Programme Coordinator Syria
- Emergency Call: Programme Coordinator Turkey
- Emergency Call Field Coordinator Hatay
- Emergency Call: Logistics Officer HATAY
- Emergency Call: Pharmacist Assistant HATAY
- Emergency Call: PSS Officer HATAY
- Accountability Officer Istanbul
- Acil: Güvenlik Görevlisi (Guard) Hatay
- Acil: Aşçı (Cook) Hatay
- Emergency Call: MEAL Officer Antakya
- Sosyal Çalışma Görevlisi (Case Worker) Farsça
- MHPSS & Protection Manager Hatay
- Senior MEAL Officer Türkiye
- Emergency Call FIELD MANAGER
- Paediatrician Afrin
- Emergency Call: Admin & HR Officer AFRIN
- Emergency Call: Registrar HATAY