Vacancy Notice Number:
Deadline of Applications:
4 October 2023
Number of People to be hired
Internal & External Candidates
A software consultant (software developer) will be recruited to the Presidency of Migration Management (PMM), Directorate General of Management Services Department of Information Technologies in Ankara under the “Supporting Türkiye’s Efforts for Efficient Migration Management Project” implemented by the United Nations Migration Agency, International Organization for Migration (IOM), with the PMM as the beneficiary institution. The software consultant is expected to develop additional components to the GöçNet institutional software system in relation to alternatives to detention (ATD) measures related modules of the system and to support to updates on other modules related to irregular migration as needed.
The development of additional components on alternatives to detention (ATD) measures to the GöçNet is targeted under Activity 2.6 of Supporting Türkiye’s Efforts for Efficient Migration Management Project. It is intended to update, improve and support ATD modules –excluding the electronic bracelet and monitoring measures- as per the feedback of users in a way tailored to the needs of the PMM.
Further information on the system is provided below:
• The application is built using ASP.NET MVC and C# with .Net Framework version 4.7
• The application is utilizing with a custom framework based Ado.Net to communicate with the database.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Concise and detailed description of activities, including measurable outputs and delivery dates, impact indicators (what qualitative and quantitative results would be achieved upon completion of individual contract), performance indicators (time lines, value of the service rendered in relation to the cost, timeliness) and work plan:
The technical/software consultant is expected to implement revisions and improvements with regard to the following:
- System login features
- Fields with function issues in system interface tabs
- System search, module/content presentation and layout
- Statistical data generation on the use of the system
- The system’s integration with the Presidency’s internal systems
- Technical issues in modules that need to be addressed initially based on system test reports.
The consultant is also expected to ensure that gaps and areas for ATD modules in Göç-Net as well as other modules on the Göç-Net related to irregular migration, provide technical support to secure that services provided by the selected company are compatible with the system improvements, and facilitate communication between the company and the Presidency of Migration Management.
Depending on the progress made within the contract period and in view of possibility of extension, further assignments relating to system and module improvements can be made.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in computer engineering, software engineering, information systems engineering or similar.
- Prior experience in application development with C# software language and ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET CORE or similar frameworks,
- Prior experience in building applications with MS SQL and/or Oracle and/or PostgreSQL databases and intermediate SQL knowledge and experience,
- Knowledge and working experience in multi-tier architecture, Windows services, Micro Services, Web API and Web Services (SOAP, WCF, REST),
- Knowledge and experience in source code management tools such as TFS, GIT, working experience in at least one source code management tool,
- Preferably previous experience in software development in a governmental intra-system
- Fluency in English and Turkish is required.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit residing in Türkiye will be considered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number in the subject line of the e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or to IOM Birlik Mahallesi Sehit Kurbani Akboga Sok. No:24 06610, Çankaya, Ankara Türkiye by the end of 4 October 2023.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
With 165 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people.
The IOM Constitution recognizes the link between migration and economic, social and cultural development, as well as to the right of freedom of movement.