Vacancy Notice Number:
Consultant (Information Risk Management)
Deadline of Applications:
6 October 2022
Number of People to be hired
Internal & External Candidates
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Sub-Office - ESEM Reg. of Turkey and direct supervision of the Risk Management Specialist and in close collaboration with Deputy Regional Humanitarian Coordinator (DRHC), OCHA and the Risk Management Working Group (RMWG), UN Agencies, NGOs and the HLG, the incumbent will be responsible for supporting the Risk Management Unit in the area of information management. The incumbent should promote knowledge building and knowledge sharing on the areas of specialty related to her/his function.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts research, collates, and disseminates data on risks related to the implementation of humanitarian response in northwest Syria.
- Participates in joint risk assessment and analysis across the humanitarian community on risk management-related issues.
- Supports the work of the risk management unit in the identification, registration, assessment and prioritization of risks and in the planning and implementation of appropriate actions.
- Develops and maintains training on risk management policy and methodology and works in collaboration with partners to promote risk ownership, accountability, and improved risk mitigation.
- Supports the implementation of the risk management unit work plan in line with work priorities and objectives.
- Participates in the preparations of presentations for Senior Management on risk management-related issues.
- Ensures that risk management and process documentation are maintained and updated.
- Performs other duties as required.
- The Consultant’s functions do not include managerial, supervisory, and/or representative functions. The consultant will report and work in close cooperation with the IOM Türkiye MEAL Unit together with IOM and PMM Project Teams.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Risk Management, Information Management or a related field from an accredited academic; or,
- Bachelor’s degree in the above-mentioned fields with two years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in research, Information Management, organizational development, operations management, project management or related fields is required.
- Experience in performing or coordinating risk assessments is desirable.
- Experience with process mapping; and experience with document management and collaboration tools such as SharePoint is desirable.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Working knowledge of Arabic is advantageous.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit residing in Türkiye will be considered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application, including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number in the subject line of e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or to IOM Birlik Mahallesi Sehit Kurbani Akboga Sokak No:24 Cankaya, Ankara by the end of 6 October 2022.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
With 165 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people.
The IOM Constitution recognizes the link between migration and economic, social and cultural development, as well as to the right of freedom of movement.
- Consultant- re-advertised
- Migrant Services Assistant
- MHAC Intern
- Project Assistant
- Senior Project Assistant
- Project Assistant (Outreach)
- National Reporting Officer
- Medical Escort (Physician) – On-call basis
- Medical Escort (Nurse) - On-Call Basis
- Medical Escort (Psychiatrist) – On-call basis
- Intern (HR Unit)-re-advertised
- Migration Health Nurse-re-advertised
- Senior Pre-Departure Orientation Trainer
- National Officer (PSEA Grant) – re-advertised
- Project Assistant (Community Support and Social Activities)