Dünya Doktorları Dernegi (DDD)/Medecins du Monde Turkey (MDM-T) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organisation that facilitates access to healthcare for populations affected by armed conflict, violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty and exclusion.
Our organization collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to implement projects that facilitate access to primary and secondary-level healthcare services to respond to the medical needs of displaced population.
DDD is the 16th member of the Doctors of the World International Network that is committed to meeting the health needs of vulnerable people globally.
Since 2015, DDD implements programs in both Turkey and Syria providing refugee and IDP communities with free access to healthcare services. DDD works with a range of humanitarian professionals and technical experts to provide Primary Healthcare (PHC), Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS)services as well as sexual and reproductive health (SRH).
Since the beginning of the Syria and Iraqi crises, Turkey has become host to over 3 million refugees, migrants and asylum seekers which led to an increasing demand for health services. In this context, DDD’s intervention aims to assist local public health systems in providing and improving access to health and health related services to vulnerable populations among refugees and migrants in Turkey, specifically in Hatay, Izmir and Istanbul. In Syria, DDD runs health facilities in Idlib and Afrin provinces to deliver health-related services to IDPs..
Hierarchical & Functional links
Based in Afrin, the Continuing Medical Education Manager is under the line management of the Medical Manager.
- Assess an identify on a continuous basis the medical/health education needs of DDD project(s) health staff and provide feedback on a regular basis (monthly) to the Program Medical Manager and the Specialist health support team.
- Based on the needs identified develop a Continuing Medical Education Human Resources (CME-HR) yearly plan of action in close collaboration with the HIS and Pharmacy Managers for approval by the Program Medical Manager, specifying CME tools for the planning, execution, reporting and evaluation of learning and training processes/programs in Primary Health Care (PHC) designed to provide quality learning solutions/activities to DDD PHC health project staff and in so doing ensure the provision of adequate, quality PHC care in all DDD supported health facilities. According to CME-HR yearly plan of action, manage the implementation of training activities and oversee appropriate conduction of training sessions (online and face-to-face), promoting adequate team dynamics and learning environment. Also provide “Training of Trainers” (TOT) support to facilitators responsible for preparing and conducting training sessions. Based on the CME-HR yearly plan of action, identify and map learning and training resources within DDD and outside (consultants, HSWG planned training, INGO resources, etc) and develop and maintain an active CME network with reference training and education institutions and providers, to identify and mobilize adequate support to implement the CME-HR yearly plan.
- Participate in internal /external meetings, seminars, workshops dealing with CME/capacity building/trainings programs/activities as part of the WHO led Health Sector Working Group and any other meetings as requested by the Program Medical Manager.
Training needs assessment
- Carry out ad-hoc as well as yearly evaluations of medical and pharmacy staffs based in DDD health facilities and warehouses and take remedial action as and when required with support from the Program Medical Manager.
- Report any HR issues to the Program Medical Manager.
- Carry out staff meetings for the pharmacy team as and when required.
- Collect, collate, analyse and report on a monthly basis, to the Program Medical Manager all data related and pertinent to the planning, implementation and evaluation of CME/trainings activities/programs from all DDD supported projects (including results for all pre and post-test training questionnaires) and strive to obtain adequate CME information from partners’ supported projects.
- Prepare an end of year evaluation report for the CME-HR plan.
- Contribute to project(s) reporting according to DDD guidelines (SitReps, medical activity reports)
- Report any security related issues to the Field Coordinator, security and liaison Manager and Program Medical Manager.
- Provide a mission report and/or handover document at the end of contract.
- Keep the specialist health support team informed on any issues related to CME/capacity building programs/activities.
- Supporting operational organization of field trips and DDD programs/activities
- Translate verbally and in writing from Arabic/English as necessary.
- Any other related DDD tasks as assigned by supervisor/line manager.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description and job title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
- Expected profile
Knowledge & Qualification
- BA Graduate level in any health related major
- 3 years minimum
- Proven experience in capacity building field.
- Required: Arabic and English (oral and written)
- Turkish language is considered a plus.
IT & Equipment
- Very good proficiency with Microsoft package
Team Management & Delegation
- Ability to delegate tasks if needed
- Willing to train and build capacity of staff
General Qualities required:
- Flexibility and capacity of adapt to complex and changing contexts;
- Familiar with multicultural environment;
Dünya Doktorları Derneği is an equal opportunity employer whereby we ensure all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without the practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
- How to apply:
- Please apply with your CV and motivation letter in ENGLISH through our website.
- The deadline for submitting the applications is 17.11.2019.
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği
DDD in Turkey, in collaboration with different partners, is running a project aiming at facilitating access and orienting beneficiaries to primary and secondary level of health care services, providing Psycho Social Support for the refugees and migrants in Turkey.