MAYA VAKFI is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Team as a Clinical Therapist in the Balat Children Center.
Project Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Project Duration: 10 months
About Maya Vakfı
Maya Vakfı is a non-profit organization that offers creative arts therapy to refugee and host community children who have experienced traumatic life events, including challenging socio-economic conditions, domestic abuse, immigration due to war, and/or losing loved ones to violence. Maya Vakfı provide trauma rehabilitation activities for children in the Balat Children Center through creative workshops which give opportunities for these children to express themselves through art, music, dance and movement activities to help them cope with their trauma and aid with their recovery.
Psychotherapist working with Refugee Trauma
Based in Istanbul, a clinical psychologist will work with other members of Maya Vakfı, Balat Children Center Clinical team in providing psychosocial support to the refugee children living in Istanbul.
- Direct work with refugees: being a part of psychosocial support team by using creative art therapy methodology with refugee children.
- Taking part in the implementation at different levels such as carrying out the assessment during the intake process; scheduling the sessions/activities; evaluating the impact of the interventions; developing new activities as a member of the clinical team.
- Cooperation with other organizations: as being a member of foundation, when assigned, therapist will be joining meetings with other organizations. In addition to this they are expected to be improving themselves and new projects for the foundation related with traumatized children population.
- Reporting directly to the Project Coordinator and the Clinical Director.
Qualifications and Experience and Attributes
- Qualification as a clinical psychologist.
- Fluent in English – Ability to conduct sessions in both English and Turkish
- Experience in working with children, trauma, loss, refugees and/or other vulnerable groups of people
- Experience in group work as well as individual therapy/counselling
- Experience in field work with a NGO (preferred)
- Experience of cross-cultural work
- Ability to be flexible, work in a fluid context and adaptation for unexpected situations
- Flexibility of working of out of office hours.
- Capacity to work both independently and collaboratively with others
How to apply
Interested candidates are required to submit a CV and a Cover letter provided in the apply/başvur button referring to the position they are applying for by November 30th, 2019.