Medecins du Monde Turkey (MDM-T) / Dünya Doktorları Dernegi (DDD) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organisation that facilitates access to healthcare for populations affected by armed conflict, violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty and exclusion.
Our organization collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to implement projects that facilitate access to primary and secondary-level healthcare services to respond to the medical needs of displaced population.
DDD is the 16th member of the Doctors of the World International Network that is committed to meeting the health needs of vulnerable people globally.
Since 2015, DDD implements programs in both Turkey and Syria providing refugee and IDP communities with free access to healthcare services. DDD works with a range of humanitarian professionals and technical experts to provide Primary Healthcare (PHC), Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS)services as well as sexual and reproductive health (SRH).
Since the beginning of the Syria and Iraqi crises, Turkey has become host to over 3 million refugees, migrants and asylum seekers which led to an increasing demand for health services. In this context, DDD’s intervention aims to assist local public health systems in providing and improving access to health and health related services to vulnerable populations among refugees and migrants in Turkey, specifically in Hatay, Izmir and Istanbul. In Syria, DDD runs health facilities in Idlib and Afrin provinces to deliver health-related services to IDPs.
Hierarchical & Functional links
Based in Jindires, Cleaner will be directly supervised by the Logistic Officer.
- Health & Safety
- Other Responsibilities
- Health & Safety
- Limit the development of the present microorganisms on surfaces;
- Protect the patients and the healthcare professionals of any risk of contamination;
- Emptying waste bins or similar receptacles (except medical waste), transporting waste material to designated collection points;
- Sweeping floors with brushes or dust control mops;
- Mopping floors with wet or damp mops;
- Dusting, damp wiping, washing or polishing the furniture, ledges, window sills and external surfaces of cupboards, radiators, shelves and fitments;
- Replenishing consumable items (soap, toilet rolls, paper towels), if required;
- Cleaning toilets, urinals, hand basins and sinks;
- Undertake wall washing or inside window pane cleaning to a height no greater than body height plus an arm’s extension from floor level;
- Remove dust and cobwebs in every room;
- Clean the kitchen worktops, cupboards exterior doors, draining;
- Clean tables and chairs;
- Thoroughly clean the fridge for food (not the cold chain items), once a month;
- Wash exterior floors (front and behind the clinic);
- Keep a check on cleaning stock levels and inform the supervisor of low stock levels (cleaning products, etc.)
- Track inventory and make a list of cleaning products to be purchased;
- Other position related tasks
- Maintain tidy and organised work spaces and storage areas;
- Check equipment / machinery used and ensure health and safety guidelines are adhered to;
- Provide support to staff as requested and in accordance with own training / skill parameters;
- Participate in internal work meetings;
- Report any security related issues to the line manager;
- Provide a mission report and/or handover document at the end of contract;
- Assist in any other tasks related to the position, as required by DDD Management.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description and job title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
Knowledge & Qualification
- No formal qualification required
- Minimum 1 year in similar or equivalent position;
- Required: Arabic (oral and written);
Intellectual & Physical
- Initiative and the ability to offer new ideas;
- Organisational and planning skills;
- Personal commitment to improving your own knowledge and skills.
General Qualities required:
- Familiar with multicultural environment;
Dünya Doktorları Derneği is an equal opportunity employer whereby we ensure all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without the practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to apply:
- Please apply with your CV and motivation letter in ENGLISH through our website.
- The deadline for submitting the applications is 15.12.2019.
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği
DDD in Turkey, in collaboration with different partners, is running a project aiming at facilitating access and orienting beneficiaries to primary and secondary level of health care services, providing Psycho Social Support for the refugees and migrants in Turkey.