Child Protection Project Coordinator
MAYA VAKFI is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Child Protection Project Coordinator at our Balat Child Center in Istanbul.
Project Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Project Duration: 11 months
About Maya Vakfı
Maya Vakfı is a non-profit organization that offers mental health and psycho-social support (MHPSS) to refugee and host community children who have experienced traumatic life events, including challenging socio-economic conditions, domestic abuse, immigration due to war, and/or losing loved ones to violence. Maya Vakfı provides trauma rehabilitation activities for children in the Balat Child Center through creative workshops which give opportunities for these children to express themselves through art, music, dance and movement activities to help them cope with their trauma and aid with their recovery. In addition, Maya also places great importance on integrating Psychosocial Support techniques into the education system through its Trauma Informed Schools Program. Strengthening the knowledge and know-how of civil servants and the civil society sector is enhanced through Capacity Building Initiatives and finally, through its Volunteer Program Maya provides training, support and mentoring to volunteers on Psychosocial Support, trauma rehabilitation and child protection.
- Taking a leading role in overseeing and managing Maya Vakfi’s child protection program which entails the supervision of the entire child protection team (approximately 9 staff members)
- Maintaining and monitoring project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets and expenditures.
- Ensuring Project deadlines, objectives and targets are met
- Taking a leadership role in representing Maya Vakfi in all (child) protection coordination meetings with external stakeholders
- In coordination with the MEAL department, ensuring that monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEAL) of the protection program are completed periodically and actively provide recommendations to improve the program
- Ensuring projects adhere to standard frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project.
- Taking a leading role in compiling all results from the field and submitting monthly/quarterly/final narrative reports to partners and donors in English.
- Assess project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable.
- Taking a leading role in revising and updating Maya Vakfi’s child protection strategy
- Contributing to program/proposal development in coordination with the Program Director and Grants department
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes
- Undergraduate degree in sociology, social work, psychology, law or related field. Master’s degree is highly desirable
- Five years of management experience. At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Excellent knowledge of protection principles and the relevant local laws governing refugees and host communities with respect to child protection
- Prior experience managing and supervising a protection team (preferably focusing on child protection) is a must for this role.
- Prior experience developing systems and mechanisms (e.g. case management database, referral pathways, protection strategy documents)
- Prior experience managing projects that implemented an Individual Protection Assistance (IPA), or similar, model is highly desirable
- Fluency in both Turkish and English is a must. All reports and stakeholder meetings with partners and donors will be conducted in English.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
How to apply
Interested candidates are required to submit a CV and a Cover letter provided in the apply/başvur button referring to the position they are applying for by September 23th, 2019.