World Vision international
Join and be part of a global relief, development and advocacy NGO, dedicated to work with children, families & communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision International was established in 1950 & operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide.
World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we do not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible
The Child Development Facilitators (Adolescent Group) under the supervision of the Child Wellbeing Coordinator will be responsible to carry out the day-to-day implementation of activities for adolescents and their caregivers under the ‘LIFT’ (Life in Fullness Together) project in Gaziantep, Kilis and Sanliurfa. The Facilitators will be primarily responsible for sensitizing, mobilizing and supporting the targeted communities in understanding the project objectives, the scope of services and activities within and outside of the LIFT centres and the criteria to enrol into the project.
The post holders will work directly with adolescents aged 12-17 years old and their parents organize group and individual activities that promote their protection, learning, psychological well-being and resilience. S/He will monitor the level of participation, support to maintain the operation of the LIFT Centres, and report activity updates or challenges to the Child Wellbeing Coordinator on a regular basis.
Project Planning and Implementation
- Ensure constant and transparent communication and collaboration with relevant community structures and leaders, in order to get buy-in and support for the project activities.
- Seek support or consent from concerned people in the communities to ensure the participation of the adolescent boys and girls and their caregivers in the project activities.
- Prepare materials for activity sessions, awareness events and information dissemination on relevant topics with the support of the Child Wellbeing Coordinator and the Protection & Safeguarding Coordinator.
- Plan, organize and run activities with adolescents in line with the design and work plan of the LIFT project while facilitate and encourage adolescents’ participation.
- Set up and maintain project materials and equipment as required in the LIFT centre.
- Deal with difficult behaviours (conflict, aggressiveness, introversion) and understand the reason behind the behaviour to positively communicate with the situation.
- Support adolescents to mobilize parents and caregivers for joint activities within and outside of the LIFT centres.
- Conduct outreach activities to support ‘hard-to-reach’ adolescents to attend training, awareness session and other activities
- Identify and refer children and adolescents in need of specialized support and other services.
- Coordinate with other Child Wellbeing Facilitators (Early Age Group and Caregiver Group) to ensure linkage between activities.
- Report to the Project Manager and/or Child Wellbeing Coordinator on any issues, challenges or gaps in implementation
- The LIFT project is implemented in accordance with the design, requirements and standards of WV.
- The project addresses the gaps in services and support for the adolescent group.
- Project communities are aware and supportive of the LIFT project activities.
- There is effective coordination and collaboration with key stakeholders and community structures at the local level
Assessment, Monitoring and Reporting
- Collect and organize the data on the activities and ensure that all the relevant reports/forms are duly filled.
- Develop and use weekly work plan with support from the Child Wellbeing Coordinator.
- Contribute to weekly and monthly reports submitted to the Project Manager/Area Manager that include information on project progress, achievements and challenges.
- Ensure the data collection and storage respect data protection and information sharing protocols, particularly in terms of confidentiality and do no harm principles.
- Collaborate closely with the MEAL team to monitor activities with defined monitoring tools and document learning and best practices.
- Project progress and achievements are captured in internal and external reports.
- Project designs and implementation are adjusted timely and effectively based on the feedback and complaints from children, adolescents and the communities
- Identify and share the capacity building needs for field-based staff with the Protection Technical Unit & the Education Technical Adviser
- Supervise and mentor direct-report staff, including communicating clear expectations, setting performance objectives, providing regular and timely performance feedback, and providing documented performance reviews.
- Attend internal and external training on related topics to enhance knowledge on child wellbeing, early childhood programming and other thematic areas.
- Project staff have the required technical knowledge and capacity to implement quality interventions under LIFT project.
- Project staff are aware of and can easily access to internal and external guidance and tools on related topics.
- Children and families benefited from the improved capacity of service providers/actors in the areas.
Networking & External Engagement
- When appropriate, represent WV in relevant interagency hub-level coordination forums (ECD, CP AoR, MHPSS WG) in the project locations.
- Participate in internal meetings and coordinate with other programme/sector teams.
- Establish strong relationships with local key stakeholders and community structures to facilitate the project acceptance and ownership.
- Adhere to WV Child and Adult Safeguarding policy and standards.
- Adhere to WV accountability standards.
- Established and maintained relationships with all key stakeholders at local levels.
- WV is adequately represented in external coordination forums in the different hubs and coordinates effectively with other actors in the same locations.
Required Professional Experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in child protection, gender, education, MHPSS, economic empowerment and other relevant programmes in development or humanitarian settings
- Knowledge of principles and programming approaches for working effectively with parents and caregivers are essential
- Proven experience in designing and/or implementing parenting programmes in Southeast region of Turkiye
- Proven experience in designing and/or implementing women employment projects is desirable
- Experience in implementing multi-sectoral or integrated programmes is an advantage
- Knowledge of the humanitarian architectures and the cluster approach and the ability to actively contribute to work of the coordination forums
- Ability and willingness to maintain a regular presence at project sites (remote / field sites) and to work during irregular working hours
- Good knowledge working with and through local existing structures in the Southeast region of Turkiye
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills – self-motivated individuals, able to take initiative and propose solutions, resilient, positive, and able to work independently
- Ability to work as a team player and coach frontline staff in project implementation
- Must have basic level computer skills- Word- Excel
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- Bachelor degree in community development, child development, gender, education, psychology, social work, and other relevant subjects.
- Certification or other recognized courses on child development, Child Protection, Education in Emergencies, parenting skills, MHPSS, economic empowerment or other relevant subjects.
- Excellent understanding of the government system, services and support for parents and caregivers in Turkiye, especially in a humanitarian/emergency context
- Strong knowledge and awareness of inter-agency tools, guidelines and other resources
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Experience in implementing and using of WHO Nurturing Care Framework
- Knowledge and experience in Inter-Agency Cluster/Sector Working Groups and Task Forces
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
Domestic travel to project sites only
Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) in Turkish. Knowledge of English is desirable. Arabic language is a plus
Local applicants only
Female candidates highly encouraged.