Working with a skilled team to deliver the best outcome on a timely manner, monthly closing for the accounting data, ensuring the quality of the donor’s financial reports, taking part in developing the methods of work and assisting in developing the needed financial tools to raise the work performance to the next level.
Chief Accountant's responsibilities include, but are not limited to, overseeing the creation of journal entries, performing account reconciliations, assisting with monthly closing process and internal audits, maintaining accounts payable information, tracking and reconciling accounts receivable and assist with payroll administration, Creating budgets on the accounting software.
CHIEF ACCOUNTANT will be responsible mainly for :
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts; preparing a trial balance, reconciling entries. • Summarizes financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, activity statement, and other statements.
- Analyzing and scheduling general ledger accounts; providing information for auditors upon the need. • prepare and review the monthly financial reports to donors and partners based on the contracts conditions. • Avoids legal challenges by complying with legal requirements.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups. • Protects organization's value by keeping confidentiality.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities;
- Ability to team leading and distribution the tasks and provide technical support for them.
- Participate in raising the capacity for the team and the department.
- Minimum Required: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- Minimum Required: one to three years of progressive, relevant experience.
- Preferred: non-profit organization experience, experience with accounting software
- Knowledge of Financial Accounting/GAAP and Management Accounting/Reporting
- Proficiency with spreadsheets and advanced experience with Excel is required
- Strong reporting and analysis skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to develop and propose creative solutions, while also identifying issues which need to be escalated
- Strong project and time management skills, sound judgment, ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills; ability to work with colleagues and partners nationally and internationally
- Self-driven and results-oriented with a positive outlook
- Ability to adapt and work in a very flexible, fluid, and evolving environment
- Exceptional attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Well knowledge in using accounting software, preferably QuickBooks
- Special Skills (technical or advanced)
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, with expertise skills in Excel
- Ability to occasionally work with a varying schedule including occasional evenings, early mornings and weekends as needed to accommodate wide ranging time zones and the occasional weekend meeting
- Turkish nationality is preferred.
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to WATAN, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. WATAN is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
WATAN provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status.
WATAN employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside WATAN.
Applications are strongly encouraged from female candidate.
Applications are being reviewed on a rolling basis. WATAN reserves the right to close this advert before the confirmed closing date when we are in receipt of sufficient applications.