Medecins du Monde Turkey (MDM-T) / Dünya Doktorları Dernegi (DDD) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organisation that facilitates access to healthcare for populations affected by armed conflict, violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty and exclusion.
Our organization collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to implement projects that facilitate access to primary and secondary-level healthcare services to respond to the medical needs of displaced population.
DDD is the 16th member of the Doctors of the World International Network that is committed to meeting the health needs of vulnerable people globally.
Since 2015, DDD implements programs in both Turkey and Syria providing refugee and IDP communities with free access to healthcare services. DDD works with a range of humanitarian professionals and technical experts to provide Primary Healthcare (PHC), Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS)services as well as sexual and reproductive health (SRH).
Since the beginning of the Syria and Iraqi crises, Turkey has become host to over 3 million refugees, migrants and asylum seekers which led to an increasing demand for health services. In this context, DDD’s intervention aims to assist local public health systems in providing and improving access to health and health related services to vulnerable populations among refugees and migrants in Turkey, specifically in Hatay, Izmir and Istanbul. In Syria, DDD runs health facilities in Idlib and Afrin provinces to deliver health-related services to IDPs.
Hierarchical & Functional links
Based in Sultangazi MHPSS Centre Istanbul, Project Case Management Assistant is under the line management of the Facility Manager; and technical supervision of MHPSS Officer.
- Monitoring and Analysis
- Conduct mapping of service providers and establish referral mechanisms with external aid actors;
- Engage with the member in a variety of settings to establish an effective, professional relationship;
- Gather information to identify and manage barriers to achievement of care plan goals;
- Liaise with various service providers and aid actors in the operational area;
- Collaborate with members of an inter-disciplinary team to meet the needs of the individual and the population;
- In each interaction, the employee will aspire to help the member to feel informed, empowered, and supported by DDD;
- Conduct outreach activities and community based intervention modalities;
- Properly assess, refer and accompany beneficiaries in need of health/mental health support/treatment to specialized services;
- Engage the member, collect relevant health and psychosocial information to assist in completion of the assessment, considering the cultural and linguistic needs of each member;
- Educate the member and other stakeholders about treatment options, community resources, etc.;
- Regular travel to conduct member visits, provider visits and community based visits as needed to ensure effective administration of the program;
Monitoring and Analysis
- Monitor, review and follow up individual cases;
- Participate in the identification and prioritisation of the individual’s care management needs and goals in collaboration with the member and caregivers;
- Participate in the development and implementation of individual care plans;
- Maximize the client’s health, wellness, safety, adaptation, and self-care through effective care coordination and case management;
- Evaluate client satisfaction through open communication and monitoring of concerns or issues;
- In collaboration with the mental health team, explore and detect potential risk factors influencing mental health status of the target population;
- When required, coordinate with other stakeholders to reduce and/or eliminate potential risk factors;
- In collaboration with the mental health team, develop and implement innovative preventive mental health interventions and activities to be undertaken within the community;
- Document care coordination activities and member response in a timely manner according to standards of practice and DDD policies regarding professional documentation;
- Provide monthly reports on all the activities implemented as requested by the Facility Manager according to the project and management indicators.
- Assist the Facility Manager in providing sufficient and detailed information for program reporting and evaluation;
- Document and report lessons learnt and success stories from the project based on the on-going monitoring of the activities;
- Ensure all sessions are documented and complies with donor audit requirements;
- Provide a mission report and/or handover document at the end of contract;
- Participate in internal work meetings;
- Report any security related issues to the line manager;
- Support operational organization of field trips and DDD programs;
- Any other relevant duties requested by the line manager.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description and job title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
- Degree in psychology or relevant field;
- Minimum 1 year of professional experience in the humanitarian sector;
- Demonstrated experience and skills in Case Management;
Skills and qualities required
- Personal qualities as diplomacy, patient confidentiality, multi-cultural flexibility, stress management and a strong sense of integrity;
- To be receptive, sensitive and an excellent listener;
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills with the ability to articulate an idea clearly and concisely in public, with good understanding of at stakes;
- Strong planning and organisational skills and good ability to make proactive suggestions;
- Able to manage priorities, take initiatives and work without constant supervision;
- Ability to establish strong connections with other stakeholders;
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stressful situation;
- Good command of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel Outlook);
- Flexibility to work in fast-paced and multi-cultural work environment;
- Fluent in Arabic and Turkish, oral and written.
General Qualities required:
- Flexibility and capacity of adapt to complex and changing contexts;
- Ability to work in an international context and collaborate with international and national experts;
- Familiar with multicultural environment;
Dünya Doktorları Derneği is an equal opportunity employer whereby we ensure all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without the practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to apply:
- Please apply with your CV and motivation letter in ENGLISH through our website.
- The deadline for submitting the applications is 01.12.2019.
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği
DDD in Turkey, in collaboration with different partners, is running a project aiming at facilitating access and orienting beneficiaries to primary and secondary level of health care services, providing Psycho Social Support for the refugees and migrants in Turkey.
- PROJECT CASE MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT-İZMİR
- PROJECT TRANSLATOR - İZMİR
- MEDICAL SUPERVISOR - IDLIB
- TRANSLATOR - ISTANBUL
- PROJECT REGISTRAR - SULTANGAZİ
- MHPSS CLINICAL SUPERVISOR-ISTANBUL
- PROJECT CASE MANAGEMENT OFFICER-FATİH
- PROJECT CASE MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT-FATİH
- PROJECT PSS COUNSELLOR - ANTAKYA
- PROJECT TRANSLATOR-ANTAKYA
- PROJECT PHC OFFICER-FATİH
- SENIOR FINANCE COORDINATOR-İSTANBUL