Dünya Doktorları Dernegi (DDD)/Mececins du Monde Turkey (MDM-T) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organisation that facilitates access to healthcare for populations affected by armed conflict, violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty and exclusion.
Our organization collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to implement projects that facilitate access to primary and secondary-level healthcare services to respond to the medical needs of displaced population.
DDD is the 16th member of the Doctors of the World International Network that is committed to meeting the health needs of vulnerable people globally.
Since 2015, DDD implements programs in both Turkey and Syria providing refugee and IDP communities with free access to healthcare services. DDD works with a range of humanitarian professionals and technical experts to provide Primary Healthcare (PHC), Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS)services as well as sexual and reproductive health (SRH).
Since the beginning of the Syria and Iraqi crises, Turkey has become host to over 3 million refugees, migrants and asylum seekers which led to an increasing demand for health services. In this context, DDD’s intervention aims to assist local public health systems in providing and improving access to health and health related services to vulnerable populations among refugees and migrants in Turkey, specifically in Hatay, Izmir and Istanbul. In Syria, DDD runs health facilities in Idlib and Afrin provinces to deliver health-related services to IDPs.
Hierarchical & Functional links
Based in Bağcılar MHPSS Centre Istanbul, Project Case Management Assistant is under the management of the Project Facility Manager and technical supervision of the MHPSS Officer.
- Conduct mapping of service providers and establish referral mechanisms
- Liaise with various service providers and aid actors in the operational area
- Conduct outreach activities and community based intervention modalities
- Monitor, review and follow up individual cases
- Draft and submit weekly and monthly progress reports
- Analysis, Detection and Reduction of Risk Factors
- Develop and Perform Preventive Measures
Conduct mapping of service providers and establish referral mechanisms with external aid actors
- Engage with the member in a variety of settings to establish an effective, professional relationship;
- Gather information to identify and manage barriers to achievement of care plan goals.
Liaise with various service providers and aid actors in the operational area
- Collaborate with members of an inter-disciplinary team to meet the needs of the individual and the population;
- In each interaction, the employee will aspire to help the member to feel informed, empowered, and supported by DDD.
Conduct outreach activities and community based intervention modalities
- Properly assess, refer and accompany beneficiaries in need of health/mental health support/treatment to specialized services;
- Engage the member, collect relevant health and psychosocial information to assist in completion of the assessment, considering the cultural and linguistic needs of each member;
- Educate the member and other stakeholders about treatment options, community resources, etc.
- Regular travel to conduct member visits, provider visits and community based visits as needed to ensure effective administration of the program.
Monitor, review and follow up individual cases
- Participate in the identification and prioritization of the individual’s care management needs and goals in collaboration with the member and caregivers;
- Participate in the development and implementation of individual care plans;
- Maximize the client’s health, wellness, safety, adaptation, and self-care through effective care coordination and case management;
- Document care coordination activities and member response in a timely manner according to standards of practice and DDD policies regarding professional documentation;
- Evaluate client satisfaction through open communication and monitoring of concerns or issues.
Draft and submit weekly and monthly progress reports
- She/he will write monthly reports on all the activities implemented as requested by the Facility Manager according to the project and management indicators;
- She/he will assist the Facility Manager in providing sufficient and detailed information for program reporting and evaluation;
- Based on the on-going monitoring of the activities, she/he will ensure lessons learnt and success stories from the project are documented and reported to her/his manager;
- She/he will ensure that each of her/his sessions is documented to comply with donor audit requirements.
Analysis, Detection and Reduction of Risk Factors
- In collaboration with the mental health team, explore and detect potential risk factors influencing mental health status of the target population;
- When required, coordinate with other stakeholders to reduce and/or eliminate potential risk factors.
Develop and Perform Preventive Measures
- In collaboration with the mental health team, develop and implement innovative preventive mental health interventions and activities to be undertaken within the community.
- Participate in internal work meetings;
- Report any security related issues to the line manager;
- Support operational organization of field trips and DDD programs;
- Any other relevant duties requested by the line manager.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
Knowledge & Qualification
- Graduation (or student) from related departments of universities
- 1-2 years’ experience in a same position is preferable.
- Required: Arabic, Turkish
- Preferred: English
Skills and qualities required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to network effectively so that you can talk to a range of people;
- Decision-making skills for acting on policies and strategies;
- An understanding of health issues;
- Empathy for people facing difficult situations;
- Initiative and problem-solving ability;
- Time management skills if you're working on several projects at once;
- Creativity and the ability to think strategically to achieve results and targets;
- Research skills.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği is an equal opportunity employer whereby we ensure all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without the practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to apply:
- Please apply with your CV and motivation letter in ENGLISH through our website.
- The deadline for submitting the applications is 13.10.2019.
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği
DDD in Turkey, in collaboration with different partners, is running a project aiming at facilitating access and orienting beneficiaries to primary and secondary level of health care services, providing Psycho Social Support for the refugees and migrants in Turkey.
- MEDICAL REFERENT - IZMIR
- MEDICAL OFFICER - IZMIR
- ADMIN-HR OFFICER-ANTAKYA
- PHARMACIST ASSISTANT - JINDIRES
- INTERPRETER/TRANSLATOR - JINDIRES
- PROJECT FACILITY MANAGER - SULTANGAZİ
- PROJECT PHC OFFICER-YENİKAPI
- Project Case Management Assistant - Yenikapı
- MISSION PHARMACIST - ANTAKYA
- PROJECT DRIVER - ANTAKYA