The Livelihoods & Economic Recovery Project Manager will work collaboratively with other relevant program team members and units for the North of Syria response, and in close coordination with livelihoods actors. Recognizing the extremely high levels of need in Syria and INGOs’ collective responsibility to address them, CARE has been increasing efforts to ensure that the reach as many people as possible is taking place. This is done with a combination of programs, addressing urgent needs, as well as ensuring that resilience is built and livelihoods are protected. In our cross-border projects, CARE works with local and international partners to improve both the scale and quality of the response. We are also providing technical expertise as global leaders in developing best practices, tools, and resources.
The Livelihood Project Manager will be responsible to help drive the project forward in everything; starting from planning to implementation of project activities. The Livelihood Project Manager should provide vital assistance to the Livelihoods Program Manager and is responsible for monitoring project schedule, budget, preparing project progress reports, and liaising with key stakeholders. food security/livelihood programs such as cash-based assistance, in line with CARE’s guidelines and standards. He/she will be in charge to contribute to building the capacity of partners and CARE staff, including remote management.
The position will be based in Gaziantep, Turkey, and involve signification coordination with operating hubs involved in the Syria response. Syria is an extremely complex operating environment, the current security rating for Syria is Extreme, and our programs are currently operated through local partners.
Job Responsibility #1 Planning, Monitoring, and Reporting | % 25 |
- Develop the costed annual work plan for the project component for which he/she is responsible with support from the line manager, and maintain an updated version is in place.
- Monitor the implementation of the plan in line with donor and CARE requirements including proposing any necessary changes.
- Report to the line manager on progress including contributing to donor reports.
- Keep necessary data records, beneficiary information, and documentation.
- In cooperation with the line manager, properly documents the achievements and lessons of the project activities and disseminates to partners. This includes registering assistance on beneficiary databases.
- Work as a team player providing relevant information assistance to colleagues and ensuring project components for which she or he is responsible are interlinked.
- Maintain all relevant project documents in electronic and paper files reviewed and filed.
Job Responsibility #2 Capacity Building of Implementing Partners | % 10 |
- Contribute to developing appropriate targeting criteria and mechanisms to ensure the needs of identified vulnerable groups are met.
- Monitor field teams including setting work schedules and smooth coordination with partners and other community stakeholders.
- Ensure (with input from CARE’s line manager) that work procedures and if relevant standard operating procedures (SOPs) are in place, understood, and being carried out.
- Monitor the work of the partner team through regular reports, key project documentation (case notes and reports, meeting notes, project visit reports, activities reports, photos, and so on).
- Ensure project components are recorded by the team e.g. beneficiaries recorded on the database if required.
- Provide partner staff with the required technical and logistics support as required;
- Manage/co-ordinate ongoing relationships with organizations at the local and national levels.
- Explore new opportunities for engagement with organizations at the local and national level in line with CARE priorities and principles. Drive these relationships to maximize impact on livelihoods programs.
- Working with CARE staff, ensure that there is due diligence work undertaken to assess partners and potential partners.
Job Responsibility #3 Project Implementation | % 50 |
- Participate in the program review, design, and implementation plans to identify the beneficiaries and their needs.
- Facilitate the implementation of income-generating projects.
- Contribute and participate in the mid-term and final evaluations
- Effectively document all information related to project successes and best practices, videos, and most significant change stories on the project in the selected sectors, and document and report initial market assessment findings.
- Encourage active engagement of women and youth in the implementation of livelihoods activities
- Provide support for organizing visits, meeting, events, trainings, and workshops.
Job Responsibility #4 Networking and Coordination | % 15 |
- Liaise with local partners, NGOs, and other relevant entities for coordination and implementation, including with relevant clusters.
- Represent CARE in livelihood meetings.
- Provide briefings to the Program Manager and other staff as appropriate on the progress of project implementation.
- Liaises with other stakeholders and partners to ensure coordination, presents CARE’s work, and ensure coherence of the project with other similar activities;
- Helps facilitate and participate in project meetings and visits.
- Ensure communication and joint working with other CARE projects and teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Agriculture enginerring, Vertenarian sicnce, Business Administration or combination of relevant Education and Experience
- At least 3 - 5 years of experience in Livelihoods related field, particularly in designing and implementing innovative programming such as renewable energy in market-based interventions, Agricultural Livelihoods and climate change adaptation.
- At least 3 years of experience in Livelihoods & Income Generating Programming.
- At least 3 years of experience in Project Management.
- At least 3 years of experience in Syria context.
- Proven strong English written and spoken skills.
- Proven strong experience in Planning & Reporting.
- Ability to communicate in Arabic.
- Experience in remote management.
- Experience of working with local partners.
- Experience in technical capacity building, including supervision, training, and coaching staff and partners in FSL.
- Experience in writing well-argues assessments and project reports.
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to CARE Turkey, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. CARE Turkey is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
CARE Turkey expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. CARE employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside CARE.
Employment is subject to the possession of valid identification documents (passport, residency card, temporary protection card, etc.) and successfully obtaining permission to work by the Government of Turkey (work permit). CARE will submit the work permit application on behalf of the selected candidate after the job offer accepted. Candidate can start to work for CARE only after the work permit is received. Failure to provide the required documents or rejection of a work permit application by the Government of Turkey will result in your employment offer being rescinded.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates, please attach a Curriculum Vitae in English and a Cover letter (in a separate file of no more than one A4 page) describing how your skills and experience match the requirements of this post, following to provided link when you click on the apply button.
Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
** CARE International is an Equal Opportunity Employer **
** Female candidates are encouraged to apply! **