I - Position Summary
Under the supervision of the Deputy Director for Program Quality (DDPQ), the incumbent will support the development of the CO Knowledge Management and Learning strategy and the subsequent implementation of the Knowledge Management and Learning (KML) framework and Plan for CARE Turkey. Working with the sectoral leads across both Cross Border, Northern Aleppo and Turkey Programming s/he will identify and resolve knowledge-related issues and promote knowledge sharing through existing and/or strengthened operational processes and systems. S/he will be tasked to develop a common vision and improve staff and partner engagement, cooperation and collaboration while continuously increasing their capacity to learn and maintain a sharing and learning culture within their respective and across organizations. Therefore the ability to effectively work with a diverse group, across program teams and partners; both directly and remotely will be essential to the success of the post
Under the strategic guidance of the DDPQ and in close collaboration with the MEAL Manager, the incumbent will support the design and implementation of specific methodologies, systems & processes and tools for monitoring accountability, beneficiary feedback and strengthen data capture and information management. The position is responsible for leading and facilitating development and implementation of knowledge-driven programming, continuous learning and evidence-based decision making processes within CARE and Partner organizations.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Job Responsibility #1
Develop and maintain a learning and knowledge management system
- Establish a system to support and foster a strong learning and accountability culture within CARE
- Work closely with the MEAL Manager and DDPQ on ensure KML and MEAL have solid connecting and working towards aching the same goals.
- Ensure KM, IM and accountability units are working closely with MEAL, program and partner’s staff
- Working with the key stakeholders including the M&E, Accountability, Program/Project, Grants & Business Development, Gender and Protection Specialist and the Partnerships Manager identify gaps and challenges that impedes learning and sharing within and between CARE and partner organizations.
- Develop a system for learning and knowledge management using a variety of formats (digital, virtual meetings, face to face, etc.). This includes supporting the establishment of a system to capture feedback and share knowledge and learning internally within CARE and with and from Partner Organizations based on strengths and weaknesses identified.
- Make concrete and implement proposals for ways of organizing internal knowledge. Lead the development of learning and knowledge management policies to ensure minimum standards and implementation across projects and programmes.
- Together with the ICT department, identify appropriate technology solutions for knowledge management & learning (i.e. document/content management, communication channel, integration with telecommunication & GIS, etc.)
- Work with the KM coordinator on building well-curated database for learning from evaluations, project reports, and other relevant information which are easily retrievable and updated
- With the support of the cross functional and sectoral teams, lead on the development of a better management of existing sources of knowledge (e.g field reports) and make CARE’s studies and reports more easily accessibleJ
ob Responsibility #2
Lead on the Development of Learning and Research Products
- Develop annual research agenda for CARE Turkey CO and update it on a regular basis
- Lead on all internal research initiatives for CARE Turkey and represent CT on all external research initiatives that involve the region/HQ.
- Lead, with the support of the Research and Learning Coordinator, the development of evidence-based learning products for Refugee, Cross Border and Northern Aleppo Programming.
- Lead, with the support of the Research and Learning Coordinator in, the development of learning products and materials for use in policy engagement/influence.
- Work with the ACDs for Cross Border and Turkey Programs and the Business Development and Grants Manager to identify areas and scope for research to support program design based on CARE and Donor priorities and emerging needs and challenges in the field.
- Work with the Communications Advisor to identify evidence and practice to support advocacy and external debates and/or representation and information sharing
Job Responsibility #3
Promote a culture for learning and knowledge sharing across CARE
- Develop CARE’s vision and goal for learning and knowledge management – to include knowledge capture, sharing and continuous learning.
- Provide training and technical support to CARE and Partner staff to be able to understand and develop a systematic approach to identifying, capturing and analyzing data in order to demonstrate change.
- Support a robust learning culture where teams and individual staff can share openly successes and failures for continuous improvement at CARE, Partner Organizations, programme and individual level.
- Support CARE and its implementing partners to plan and manage the successful execution of learning and knowledge management activities, including events such as regular seminars/webinars, workshops, conferences, and peer learning sessions.
- Identify and share more creative, efficient and effective ways to engage audiences and facilitate sharing and collaboration.
- Compile synthesis of learning across projects and sectors and promote the integration of recommendations and lessons learnt in project planning and future programming for both cross border and Turkey programs
- Ensure that relevant program and program quality data is analyzed and well-presented using suitable data visualization techniques to support the evidence based decision making for program development and planning purposes.Job Responsibility #4
Lead the Information Management Pillar
- Lead, coordinate and ensure an effective IM System implementation, including refining standard data collection tools, scripting routine processes and (re)designing information products; managing effective information sharing and dissemination to all relevant stakeholders across the three program modalities.
- Exercise creativity in analyzing incoming data to better respond to or highlight emerging needs in Turkey and cross border programming
- Introduce more sophisticated technologies and/or methodologies to improve the efficiency and rigor of analysis.
- Map and present data, information and knowledge flows in order to identify gaps and/or impacts and for easy retrieval and informed decision making.
- Build solid archiving system for PQ unit and ensure regular backup is made and kept safe.
- Responsible for managing all beneficiaries data related to CARE Turkey CO for cross border, Northen Aleppo and Turkey programs.
- Support IM unit in building solid databases to meet the needs of the 3 different programs based on a consultation with the relevant program colleagues.
- Ensure CARE’s IM system is efficient, well-functioning and heading towards data atomization
- Lead on the data visualization for Program and Progam quality data.
- Strengthen the capacity of partners, program and program quality staff on key IM topics as needed
Job responsibility: #5
Accountability to affected population:
- Lead the development of CARE Turkey accountability system for CARE and partners.
- Work with the accountability unit on developing clear SoPs and guidelines explaining CARE Turkey’s commitments towards promoting accountability to different stakeholders.
- Ensure MEAL and partner staff are trained on CARE’s accountability SoPs and guidelines
- Ensure all CARE & Partner’s staff from MEAL and programs understand CARE’s feedback and complaints mechanism and their role to contribute to it.
- Ensure Accountability staff are working closely with MEAL officers and coordinators on the implementation of accountability guidelines and reflecting the relevant activities in project’s MEAL plans.
- Ensure the functionality of CARE’s online feedback and complaints mechanism at CARE & Partner’s levels.
- Work with Program team from Turkey/Syria to ensure the use of FCRMS information for CARE and partner’s program improvement.
- Work with the wider program & program quality teams to promote beneficiary participation at all points of programming (when possible), especially during design of accountability action plan.
- Lead on managing and maintaining accountability systems for CARE & partners including the running of existing mechanisms and set up of new mechanisms when needed.
- Ensure regular deliverable and progress tracking to support program quality unit.
- Work innovatively to improve direct beneficiary contact mechanisms to enable accountability and strengthen the understanding of programs’ outcomes, in line with CARE’s Humanitarian Accountability Framework and Core Humanitarian Standards.
- Monitor and oversee the implementation and progress of accountability system(s) for CARE & partners.
- Ensure timely response to submission of complaints received through CARE Syria CRM
- Ensure feedback and complaints received from CARE and Partner’s channels are frequently analyzed and shared with the Syria/Turkey program teams and SMT.
- Improve the training material both in Arabic and English to be used of CARE and partners’ staff capacities.
- Coach and mentor CARE staff and partners on different areas related to Accountability
- Conduct and facilitate accountability related trainings and capacity development for CARE staff and partners.
- Ensure CARE is being represented in external accountability related meetings
- Keep close coordination with consortiums and ensure all requirements are met
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject
- Minimum 4 solid years of professional experience in managing responsibilities related to Knowledge Management, Accountability, Information Management and Research for NGOs.
- Minimum 3 years of team management experience with an NGO or private company.
- Good experience in working with partners in remote management context
- Good understanding of Syrian context and particularly in North West Syria and South East Turkey
- Extensive experience in database management, quantitative software applications and qualitative methods
- Ability to work both in an advisory and a hands-on implementation capacity.
- Ability to facilitate/conduct technical training for staff in a remote setting
- Ability to write clear and detailed research/assessment reports
- Good understanding of donor requirements inclusive of DFID, OFDA, ECHO and other major donors
- Excellent communication and influencing skills across a range of stakeholders.
- Experience of representation and ability to represent CARE effectively in external forums
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances
- Strong skills in data management software.
- Fluency in written and oral Turkish language.
Fluency in written and oral English & Arabic. Must be able to read and interpret documents, and communicate with others as necessary to perform job duties effectively. Excellent report writing skills is needed
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to CARE Turkey, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. CARE Turkey is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
CARE Turkey expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. CARE employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside CARE.
Employment is subject to the possession of valid identification documents (passport, residency card, temporary protection card, etc.) and successfully obtaining permission to work by the Government of Turkey (work permit). CARE will submit the work permit application on behalf of the selected candidate after the job offer accepted. Candidate can start to work for CARE only after the work permit is received. Failure to provide the required documents or rejection of a work permit application by the Government of Turkey will result in your employment offer being rescinded.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates, please attached a Curriculum Vitae in English and a Cover letter (in a separate file of no more than one A4 page) describing how your skills and experience match the requirements of this post, following to link provided when you apply
Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
** CARE International is an Equal Opportunity Employer **