This role reports to Director of Program Quality department and is responsible for ensuring that: - CARE Türkiye’s (CT) programs are aligned with global efforts towards accountability building on CHS and IASC standards and commitments.- CT has solid Accountability and Verification systems, tools and capacities in place, - CT captures adequate and reliable data to demonstrate the effect of project work on the target population; - regular, timely and context-specific monitoring information is provided to cross border program teams and senior management to enable effective management decisions, - evidence base culture to refine project design, technical approaches and strategic direction is being promoted .
Job Responsibility # 1 Ensure CT program strategies and implementation mainstream commitment to accountability and independent verification % 20
- Feed into the overall program strategy, providing data and analysis as required for strategic purposes and new program design, including proposal development.
- Ensure IV and Accountbality SOPs are in place and updated regulary.
- Ensure that all grant proposals include solid Accountability and Verification components.
- Ensure Accountability is mainstreamed across all sectors and program modalities.
- Develop a set of accountability and verification indicators in line with CARE’s global indicators to be used across CARE Türkiye’s programs.
- Provide sufficient inputs to CARE’s annual reporting mechanism (PIIRs).
- Generate knowledge, learning and analysis reflecting verification and accountability results across CARE Türkiye programs that contribute to decision making process to improve program quality.
- Contribute to the development of CARE Türkiye’s program quality framework/strategy.
- Ensure CARE Türkiye’s Accountability and Verifications systems are aligned with CARE International guidance, standards and requirements.
- Promote the use of findings coming from Accountability and IV for learning and adaptive management.
- Ensure proper budgeting for Accounability and IV activities
Job Responsibility #2 Accountability to Affected Populations % 30
- Ensure that CARE Türkiye’s program portfolio is aligned with and meets standards set by CARE FAM, HAF and Accountability Framework and in line with the IASC Accountability to Affected Populations (AAP) framework and the Core Humanitarian Standard (CHS).
- Ensure suitable feedback and complaints mechanisms are in place for CARE Türkiye’s three program modalities supported with the right tools and guidance for staff.
- Oversee the activities of CARE’s Accountability Team, which includes community feedback and beneficiary verification activities, providing leadership, technical support, and oversight.
- Provide technical support to CARE’s local partners to develop and manage Feedback and Complaints Mechanisms (FCM), and other Accountability matters.
- Support CARE and partners in promoting community engagement/advancing accountability for better engagement with target communities.
- Lead the development of a new FCRM platform, ensuring it’s functionality and effectiveness.
- Provide capacity building, technical support, and training to the Accountability Team based in Türkiye as well as the program staff on all areas of Accountability.
- Ensure CARE Accountability team provides necessary support to partners in the area of accountability and FCRM
- Ensure timely and quality of accountability reports (Internal and donors).
- Ensure Accountability inputs are reflected in all proposals (mainstreaming AAP within activities, set indicators in line with donor requirments, etc..)
- Ensure findings, trends, and insights are communicated to relevant teams and stakeholders in a clear and concise manner.
- Represent CARE Türkiye in external Accountability related coordination meetings.
- Ensure CARE programs and its partners adhere to CARE Türkiye Accountability policies, SoPs and protocols.
- Identify areas where accountability might be lacking and collaborate with relevant stakeholders to address these gaps.
Job Responsibility #3 Independent Verification % 35
- Lead and Manage CARE’s Independent Verification (IV) process for CARE Türkiye’s cross border program as well as inside Türkiye.
- Ensure CARE Türkiye has an efficient IV process in place that is working closely with program staff to monitor and verify the implementation of CARE’s program in Northwest Syria and Türkiye.
- Develop and maintain IV guidelines and workflows reflecting the IV working mechanism, scope of work and areas of focus.
- Ensure development and implementation of IV system for monitoring and tracking the performance of IV team against key performance indicators and targets.
- Build the capacity of IV staff in Türkiye and monitoring consultants inside Syria on monitoring and evaluation and provide regular feedback on performance, success and areas for improvements.
- Establish regular coordination mechanism with cross border program lead to review, adjust and improve the IV process related to each sector based on lessons learned.
- Continue to develop and improve on CARE’s Independent Verification systems .
- Supervise and mentor the IV Coordinator to deliver timely, useful, effectively analyzed data verification and monitoring reports from field Monitoring Consultants.
- Ensure proper reporting and tracking of sensitive cases received via Accountability FCRM and IV field monitoring.
- As needed work closely with compliance on managing and investigating serious complaints and allegations received through CARE’s Accountability systems
- Support Audit and compliance by developing data collection tools
- Contribute to the development of effective and efficient investigation procedures that will enable CARE to properly conclude the allegations.
- Identify potential risks and challenges that could impact IV work and performance within CARE.
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to develop mitigation strategies and contingency plans to address these risks.
Job Responsibility #4 Team Management and Coordination % 15
- Support the development of job descriptions, management structures and performance management, of accountability and IV staff.
- Work with CARE Türkiye’s Gender and Protection Advisor to ensure that CARE’s accountability approach is aligned with gender practices and standards.
- Engage and coordinate with the CARE Türkiye’s KML and MEL units to ensure that learning systems facilitate the capture and capitalization of learning opportunities generated by the FCM.
- Provide feedback on partner’s capacities on areas related to accountability on a quarterly basis through partner’s monitoring plan.
- Work closely with the Partnership Manager to ensure partner capacity is assessed and developed according to the capacity development plan.
- Work closely with PQ and Program staff to promote a collaborative and productive team environment between Accountability, IV and other units.
- Supervise, mentor and coach the Accountability and IV Coordinators to become the strong lead of their technical units and produce high quality outputs.
- In collaboration with the human resources department, identify training needs of staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in International Development or another relevant field; or experience equivalent.
- Minimum 4 to 5 years of technical and relevant experience in MEAL or other relevant areas.
- Strong understanding of Monitoring, Evaluation and Accountability principles and processes, at system level.
- Solid team management skills and experience
- Proven experience in coordinating projects with a variety of internal and external partners and stakeholders
- Strong background in gender, age, and diversity
- Proven understanding of research methodologies and the nature of the evidence which will influence key decision-makers in the area
- Proven experience in qualitative research methods
- Proven experience in quantitative research methods
- Strong background in research ethics
- Excellent skill in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience working in limited access contexts and remotely
- Being creative in finding alternative methods when access is not available
- Full professional proficiency in English
- Excellent English writing skills and analytical skills.
- Fluency of the Arabic language (spoken, written)
- Master’s degree in Sociology, Social work, Economics, or related field
- Proven experience managing qualitative research, monitoring, or evaluation activities
- Proven experience managing quantitative research, monitoring, or evaluation activities
- Familiarity with the Northwest Syria
- Knowledge of or experience with Gender Based Violence and GBV response programming
- Knowledge of or experience with Cash and Voucher Assistance (CVA) modalities
- Familiarity with USAID grants
- Has an up to date certification in research ethics
Fluency in written and oral English. Must be able to read and interpret documents and communicate with others as necessary to perform job duties effectively.
Fluency in Arabic. Must be able to communicate with others as necessary to perform job duties effectively. Must be able to read documents in Arabic in order to review them for quality.
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to CARE Turkey, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. CARE Turkey is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
CARE Turkey expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. CARE employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside CARE.
Employment is subject to the possession of valid identification documents (passport, residency card, temporary protection card, etc.) and successfully obtaining permission to work by the Government of Turkey (work permit). CARE will submit the work permit application on behalf of the selected candidate after the job offer accepted. Candidate can start to work for CARE only after the work permit is received. Failure to provide the required documents or rejection of a work permit application by the Government of Turkey will result in your employment offer being rescinded.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates, please attach a Curriculum Vitae in English and a Cover letter (in a separate file of no more than one A4 page) describing how your skills and experience match the requirements of this post, following to provided link when you click on the apply button.
Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
** CARE International is an Equal Opportunity Employer **
** Female candidates are encouraged to apply! **