CARE International in Türkiye (CARE) has been in Türkiye since October 2014 responding to the needs of Syrian refugees under several programmatic areas including women’s economic empowerment, livelihoods and food security, legal aid assistance, WASH and Shelter.
CARE places a programmatic focus on women and girls who are often disproportionally affected by poverty. CARE Türkiye puts women and girls at the center of our work as woman are viewed as catalysts of change within their communities – CARE believes changing a woman life will often change her community. In parallel, CARE integrates engaging men and boys programming who can also act as change agents, and together are able to address societal/gender norms which often underly protection issues.
CARE Türkiye, together with partners, is now providing humanitarian assistance as part of an Earthquake Response strategy to individuals who have been affected by the series of earthquakes that hit Türkiye in February 2023.
Reporting to the Hatay Head of Area Office (HoAO) and working in collaboration with the FSL Program Manager, technical advisors and relevant support staff the FSL Project Manager is responsible for the delivery of all aspects of FSL interventions designated under CAREs Earthquake Response Strategy.
S/he will ensure all project activities are on track and adhere to project proposal, implementation plan, budget, and donor and CARE regulations and requirements.
The FSL Project Manager is also responsible for the effective coordination of all FSL interventions within affected areas, that all procedures are followed and accountability mechanisms are implemented according to CAREs standards.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Job Responsibility #1 Project Management and Planning 40%
- Responsible for the delivery of all aspects of FSL interventions designated under CAREs Earthquake Response Strategy. Ensure all project activities are on track and adhere to project proposal, implementation plan, budget, and donor and CARE regulations and requirements.
- Establish detailed implementation plans, including phased budgets, work plans, procurement planning and indicator tracking, and develop and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Ensure risks are appropriately managed, including financial, safety and security, programmatic and reputational risks.
- Keep up to date of relevant existing and new assessments on access to food, employment, related gender issues; and access to income generating activities and the labor market environment in areas affected by the Earthquake.
- Lead the scheduling and planning of the project activities and follow-up, producing work plans for FSL activities in agreement with the HoAO, and the support of the FSL technical advisor.
- Overview regular tasks related to beneficiary selection/recruitment, aid distribution, training enrolment, CVA activities, documentation and data and information collection and analysis.
- Plan and carry out FSL related community events to support the promotion/selling of program participants’ products/services.
- Ensure that adequate and accurate hard-copy and electronic (including database) records of information on participants and activities are kept by the Program team.
- Supervise production of regular activity reports on FSL activities and prepare final drafts for review by the Program Manager and the Program quality (PQ) team.
- Assist the HoAO with the preparation of Program reports for CARE members, partners, and donors.
- Ensure procurement and financial processes are in line with CARE policies and procedures.
Job Responsibility #2 Coordination and external liaison 20%
- Regularly liaise with stakeholders from peer NGOs; community leaders; representatives of farmers and livestock breeders, trade groups, cooperatives, and special interest groups to facilitate their involvement in the project or gather relevant information.
- Supervise staff coordinating with service providers and focal points to plan and implement activities.
- Undertake periodic stakeholder mapping of relevant organizations and institutions, highlighting which organizations are doing what and for whom in the FSL sector.
- Work with the HoAO to coordinate with relevant actors (including government institutions), ensuring that necessary permissions/approvals are in place, duplication is avoided, and coverage of assistance is maximized.
Job Responsibility #3: Staff Management 15%
- Ensure all direct reports have defined objectives, clear responsibilities, actionable deliverables and understand what CAREs Goals are under the earthquake response strategy.
- Promote accountability, communicate expectations and provide constructive feedback via regular one on ones and performance reviews in line with CARE CO Performance management procedures. Explore and tailor capacity building and learning opportunities.
- Cultivate close and supportive relationships with each direct report, contributing towards a safe and positive working environment. Ensure all staff operating under the earthquake response adhere to and demonstrate CAREs Core Values and Code of Conduct as part of their duties.
- Assist FSL staff with information, tools and resources to improve performance & reach objectives.
- Ensure all FSL staff are in compliance with CARE’s Human Resource, Financial, Logistics & Security policies, and procedures.
Job Responsibility #4: Program Quality and Development 20%
- Develop and lead on the implementation of assessments and research studies together with the Program quality team, Program Managers and field staff which contributes to a deepened understanding of access to food and income generation activities, in addition to any underlying gender issues in earthquake affected areas, including market systems, value chain support, and engagement with private and public sectors actors.
- Work with the MEL team to ensure ongoing review and monitoring to enable improvement of projects.
- Ensure that feedback received from community members, project participants and key stakeholders is used to continually improve activities and that activities are meeting the needs of the communities or targeted individuals.
- Review and validate the findings of monitoring and accountability activities with the MEL Coordinator and provide feedback for continually improving the quality of activities.
- Contribute to development of program design including proposals, concept notes and budgets in collaboration with the Program manager.
Job Responsibility #5: Other Responsibilities as assigned 5%
- The FSL Project Manager will be expected to support the HoAO as needed on programmatic issues related to the earthquake response but beyond the deliverables outlined above.