The Finance Officer will be part of the program support /Finance department. He/She is responsible for ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of financial accounting needs of CARE Turkey. The position mainly focuses on entering the data into financial system PeopleSoft, verifying and filing of the supporting documents, making the payments to the vendors, ensuring the Cash flow locally, supporting the audits for sub office related part. She or he will be supporting new business development for refugee projects and support grants management for refugee program projects.
.Responsibilities and Tasks
Responsibility #1 Grants and Contracts Support and Grants reporting – Refugee program 25%
- Assist with the project grants start-up and close-out as necessary.
- Provide support to internal/external audits as needed and in coordination with Managers.
- Participate in the partners training and orientation on CARE’s and donors’ regulations and reporting requirement
- Maintain all grant files for projects and in the field/departments
- Provide guidance to staff on Adaptive Planning and assist in uploading budgets in the system and with the necessary follow-up with the SSC.
- Running monthly financial reports for refugee grants
- Preview IPIA or donor agreements for refugee projects before approval stage
- Do budget set up in CARE accounting system for refugee projects
- Close out process for refugee projects
- Support Finance director and ACD-Turkey Refugee program for any budget modifications and for any new proposal
- Arrange monthly BVA meeting with CARE Turkey refugee projects
Responsibility #2 Financial data entry and compliance 70%
- Enter the financial transactions into all modules of People Soft: accounts payable, Cash Management/Treasury, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger (uploads and manual entries) and ensure that each financial operation is properly booked in the system
- Follow up and address all issues as relevant to make sure that entries go through and posted in the system timely. Validates the accuracy of chart field data – FC/PID/AID
- Ensure that the payment requests are processed timely and adequately to facilitate to the smooth implementation of operations and program activities.
- Liaise with the bank representatives for payment request and anything related with the bank accounts maintenance and the banking operations.
- Verify all incoming payment and liquidation requests for compliance with internal authorized signatory list to ensure that signature is valid before processing the request
- Check all incoming support documentation for the compliance with internal and Donor Policies, rules and local authorization regulations
- Verify completeness and compliance of support documentation package for procurement payment requests, project and travel advance or TER payments, project advance liquidations, rent and utility payment, Petty Cash replenishment requests
- Follow up Annex-4 A/B/C declarations in coordination with liaison department.
- Follow up on all open advances on a monthly basis, and make sure that all open prepayments are liquidated on timely basis and offset vs prepayments
- Update monthly PAR defaults.
- Support the SSC for questions related to the bank reconciliation on a monthly basis but prior to that reconcile the bank and cash on hand balance with the system data
- Enter adjusting transaction in different modules as advised by the finance directors, accounting coordinator or the SSC
- Ensures proper filing and archiving of the financial documentation.
Responsibility #3 Other duties 5%
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to CARE Turkey, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. CARE Turkey is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
CARE Turkey expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. CARE employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside CARE.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates, please attach a Curriculum Vitae in English and a Cover letter (in a separate file of no more than one A4 page) describing how your skills and experience match the requirements of this post, following to provided link when you click on the apply button.
Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
** CARE International is an Equal Opportunity Employer **
** Female candidates are encouraged to apply! **