CARE International in Turkey (CARE), together with its partners, is providing humanitarian assistance to people affected by the Syrian crisis, both in Syria and Turkey.
I - Position Summary
The position will be based in Şanlıurfa and managed by the Livelihoods Offıcer, and working in collaboration with other members of the technical staff. The Field Supporter will be responsible for translations of the teams’ activities from Turkish to Arabic and Arabic to Turkish and supporting Livelihoods Team in participating regular loan registration/collection and verification meetings with LH officer and Coordinator in Şanlıurfa. The Livelihoods Offıcer will be responsible for line management of Field Supporter.
II - General Functions
- Translation support during the loan collection/verification meetings, legal sessions, counselling and when needed.
- Supporting Livelihoods officer for registering new microcredit-entrepreneurs in the field.
- Support Livelihoods Coordinator and Livelihoods Officer to do case documentations for WEE project (scanning/keeping the files etc.)
- Supporting Legal Counsellor
- Translation support to Livelihoods officer for communicating with both TLC participants and MEs
- Regularly communicate with microcredit- entrepreneurs and TLC participants during and after the activities.
- Contribute to high quality implementation of CARE’s refugee response
- Support LH team with the all levels of event preparations and implementation.
III - Responsibilities
- 1. Support the implementation of Livelihoods SOP and Translating the Loan Collection/ Verification Meeting and Supporting LH Team to Register ne MEs. (50%)
- Support the Livelihoods Coordinator and Officer with adequate and accurate records of information by undertaking regular data entry work as required
- Collecting the information in relation to MEAL activities
- Support the Project Team in communication with the refugee and/or host community.
- Participate in regular meetings relating to activities
- Ensure that all Livelihoods project beneficiaries who request to communicate with CARE LH Coordinator can be able to reach her/him.
- Undertake verbal and written translation tasks as required
- Follow-up with the TLC attendance sheets, scanning them and entering data to excel sheets.
2. Translating, implementing and reporting on Legal activities (40%)
- Assist the Legal Counsellor to schedule and plan activities
- Ensure that standard operating procedures for activities are followed
- Ensure accountability procedures are followed
- Provide regular communication for the activities on daily basis to Legal Counsellor
- Support the Legal Team in communication with the refugee, host community and other stakeholders.
- Undertake verbal and written translation tasks as required.
3. Contribute to high quality implementation of CARE’s refugee response (10 %)
- Provide feedback from project’s participants and community leaders
- Ensure the complaints are received by CARE properly and beneficiaries are informed and report on this to Project Assistant and Project Officer.
- Ensure that all program activities are implemented in accordance with agreed standard operating procedures and using agreed tools.
- Ensure that feedback received from community members is used to continually improve activities and that activities are meeting the needs of the communities
4. Any other relevant tasks required by the line manager
IV - Qualification and skills
- Fluent spoken and written Arabic and Turkish
- Very good computer skills, especially in MS Word and MS Excel
- A team player, eager to learn new skills
- Strong planning and communication skills
- Prior experience of working with humanitarian organizations in Turkey in a staff or volunteer capacity, preferably with refugee populations
- Good documentation skills
- Willingness to work in the Field
- Ability of spoken and written English
- Prior experience of working in a non-governmental organization (NGO)
- Experience working in a community-based role
- Experience in data collection, coding & compilation
V – Work conditions
Duty station: Duty station: Şanlıurfa, with travel to field sites
Field work: 80% (4 days/week)
Contract length: Probation period of 2 months.
Duration of the contract is for one year with possibility of extension, depending on performance and funding.