After merging the Independent Verification and Accountability. The role of Accountability and Verification Manager has been introduced. This role will be reporting directly to the MEAL Manager and will be responsible to ensure CARE Turkey’s programs are: - Are aligned with global comments towards accountability building on CHS and IASC standards and commitments.- Has solid Accountability and Verification systems, tools and capacities in place, - Has captured adequate and reliable data to demonstrate the effect of project work on the target population; - Ensures the provision of regular, timely and context-specific monitoring information to cross border program teams and senior management to enable effective management decisions, -Builds an evidence base culture to refine project design, technical approaches and strategic direction and to demonstrate what works for Northwest Syria and Southeast Turkey.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
Job Responsibility # 1 Improve the Quality of CARE Turkey Programing %10
- Feed into the overall program strategy, providing data and analysis as required for strategic purposes and new program design, including proposal development.
- Ensure that all grant proposals include solid Accountability and Verification components.
- Ensure Accountability is mainstreamed across all sectors and program modalities.
- Develop a set of accountability and verification indicators in line with CARE’s global indicators to be used across CARE Turkey’s programs.
- Provide sufficient inputs to CARE’s annual reporting mechanism (PIIRs).
- Generate knowledge, learning and analysis reflected verification and accountability results across CARE Turkey programs that contribute to decision making process to improve program quality.
- Contribute to the development of CARE Turkey’s program quality framework/strategy.
- Ensure CARE Turkey’s Accountability and Verifications systems are aligned with CARE International guidance, standards and requirements.
- Promote the use of findings coming from accountability and IV for learning and adaptive management
Job Responsibility #2 Accountability to Affected Population %35
- Ensure that CARE Turkey’s program portfolio is aligned with and meets standards set by the IASC Accountability to Affected Populations (AAP) framework and the Core Humanitarian Standard (CHS).
- Build and maintain a solid accountability system for CARE Turkey CO.
- Develop an Accountability framework highlighting what is CARE Turkey’s commitments and priorities towards accountability to the affected population.
- Ensure suitable feedback and complaints mechanisms are in place for CARE Turkey’s three program modalities supported with the right tools and guidance for staff.
- Oversee the activities of CARE’s Accountability Team, which includes community feedback and beneficiary verification activities, providing leadership, technical support, and oversight.
- Conduct trainings and workshops on Accountability and CHS to increase awareness around humanitarian action and CHS commitments.
- Provide technical support to CARE’s local partners to develop and manage Feedback and Complaints Mechanisms (FCM), and other Accountability matters.
- Lead and support the development of a common platform for CFM data and analysis.
- Provide capacity building, technical support, and training to the Accountability Team based in Turkey as well as the program staff on all areas of Accountability.
- Work with the accountability coordinator and accountability officer to develop and monitor partner’s workplans to implement Accountability processes.
- As needed work closely with compliance on managing and investigating serious complaints and allegations received through CARE’s CRM
- Check on the quality of accountability reports produced by accountability staff from CARE and partners.
- Provide sufficient inputs on accountability to donor’s reports as needed.
Job Responsibility #3 Independent Verification %35
- Lead and Manage CARE’s Independent Verification (IV) process for CARE Turkey’s cross border program.
- Ensure CARE Turkey has an efficient IV process in place that is working closely with program staff to monitor and verify the implementation of CARE’s program in Northwest Syria.
- Develop and maintain IV guidelines and workflows reflecting the IV working mechanism, scope of work and areas of focus.
- Build the capacity of IV staff in Turkey and monitoring consultants inside Syria on monitoring and evaluation and provide regular feedback on performance, success and areas for improvements.
- Work with Programs and IV staff to ensure monitoring consultants are using suitable monitoring tools that fit the purpose of the monitoring visits.
- Establish regular coordination mechanism with cross border program lead to review, adjust and improve the IV process related to each sector based on lessons learned.
- Coordinate closely with the MEL Specialist on scheduling field monitoring visits to avoid unintentional overlap between TPM and IV.
- Continue to develop and improve on CARE’s Independent Verification systems designed to ensure Accountability, both to beneficiaries and donors. Report accurate Accountability figures and activities as needed for new grant proposals and existing grant reporting.
- Supervise and coach the IV Coordinator to deliver timely, useful, effectively analyzed data verification and monitoring reports from field Monitoring Consultants.
Job Responsibility #4 Team Management and Coordination %20
- Support the development of job descriptions, management structures and performance management, of accountability and IV staff.
- Work with CARE Turkey’s Gender and Protection Advisor to ensure that CARE’s accountability approach is aligned with gender practices and standards.
- Engage and coordinate with the CARE Turkey’s KML and MEL units to ensure that learning systems facilitate the capture and capitalization of learning opportunities generated by the FCM.
- Collaborate with the MEAL Manager where opportunities arise to share CARE Turkey’s lessons learned and promotion of its achievements in AAP.
- Provide feedback on partner’s capacities on areas related to accountability on a quarterly basis through partner’s monitoring plan.
- Work closely with the Partnership Manager and support MEAL Manager to ensure partner capacity is assessed and developed according to the capacity development plan.
- Work closely with PQ and Program staff to promote a collaborative and productive team environment between Accountability, IV and other units.
- Supervise, mentor and coach the Accountability and IV Coordinators to become the strong lead of their technical units and produce high quality outputs.
- In collaboration with the human resources department, identify training needs of staff.
Bachelor’s Degree in International Development or another relevant field; or experience equivalent.
Minimum 2 to 3 years of technical and relevant experience in MEAL or other relevant areas.
Strong understanding of Monitoring, Evaluation and Accountability principles and processes, at system level.
Solid team management skills and experience
Proven experience in coordinating projects with a variety of internal and external partners and stakeholders
Strong background in gender, age, and diversity
Proven understanding of research methodologies and the nature of the evidence which will influence key decision-makers in the area
Proven experience in qualitative research methods
Proven experience in quantitative research methods
Strong background in research ethics
Excellent skill in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Experience working in limited access contexts and remotely
Being creative in finding alternative methods when access is not available
Full professional proficiency in English
Excellent English writing skills and analytical skills.
Fluency of the Arabic language (spoken, written)
Master’s degree in Sociology, Social work, Economics, or related field
Proven experience managing qualitative research, monitoring, or evaluation activities
Proven experience managing quantitative research, monitoring, or evaluation activities
Familiarity with the Northwest Syria
Knowledge of or experience with Gender Based Violence and GBV response programming
Knowledge of or experience with Cash and Voucher Assistance (CVA) modalities
Familiarity with USAID grants
Has an up to date certification in research ethics
Fluency in written and oral English. Must be able to read and interpret documents and communicate with others as necessary to perform job duties effectively.
Fluency in Arabic. Must be able to communicate with others as necessary to perform job duties effectively. Must be able to read documents in Arabic in order to review them for quality.
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to CARE Turkey, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. CARE Turkey is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
CARE Turkey expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. CARE employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside CARE.
Employment is subject to the possession of valid identification documents (passport, residency card, temporary protection card, etc.) and successfully obtaining permission to work by the Government of Turkey (work permit). CARE will submit the work permit application on behalf of the selected candidate after the job offer accepted. Candidate can start to work for CARE only after the work permit is received. Failure to provide the required documents or rejection of a work permit application by the Government of Turkey will result in your employment offer being rescinded.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates, please attach a Curriculum Vitae in English and a Cover letter (in a separate file of no more than one A4 page) describing how your skills and experience match the requirements of this post, following to provided link when you click on the apply button.
Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
** CARE International is an Equal Opportunity Employer **
** Female candidates are encouraged to apply! **
- CARE is Looking for Legal Aid Manager
- CARE is Looking for Basic Needs Project Officer(Female Only)
- CARE is Looking for Field Supporter (Legal Team)
- CARE is Looking for Livelihoods Project Officer
- CARE is Looking for Livelihoods & Economic Recovery (LER) Program Manager
- CARE is Looking for Area Manager
- CARE is Looking for LER MEL Assistant
- CARE is Looking for Accountability Officer
- CARE is Looking for MEL Specialist