Business Intelligence Specialist (Ref: TU-IST-23-IS-05)
|Business Intelligence Specialist
|İngilizce (C1, Level 5, Upper Intermediate),İngilizce (C2, Level 6, Advanced)
SCOPE OF WORK
Business Intelligence Specialist, under the supervision of the Head of Information Systems, will be responsible for providing support for business intelligence activities including development, testing, troubleshooting, and maintenance of intelligence solutions with an emphasis on increasing company efficiency and minimizing risk.
The Business Intelligence Specialist will work with the Information Systems team, and will be responsible for working closely with the business and technical teams and is a contributor to the definition and analysis of how information assets drive business outcomes and is responsible for the development and maintenance of business intelligence and reporting tools, and this role will take on a portion of these duties as well as maintaining the business intelligence and reporting tools, which will include enhancements to existing reports, structures with some development.
BI Specialist needs to have knowledge and experience of data structures, data modeling, and data warehousing strategies. BI Specialist needs to understand how data is turned into knowledge to support business decisions and possess an understanding of the business environment.
- Work closely with teams across company divisions to identify and establish contact with third-party groups to ensure data is obtained in a timely manner and in accordance with specific guidelines.
- Ensure authorized systems access, reporting violations, monitoring information requests for new systems and recommending process improvements
- Assist in investigating challenges within processes and develop solutions to resolve conflicts and inefficiencies
- Tests and validates new reports to ensure consistency, assists with ad hoc reporting and data analysis projects as needed.
- Assess data to ensure its confidentiality and integrity is maintained throughout the time that it is in use
- Maintain ICMC RSC TuME Information Security policies, procedures, and guidance
- Process recurring tasks in complying with ISO 27001 security framework, NIST and ITIL needs.
- Providing Level 1 support for relevant CRM and Auxiliary application to Turkey and Beirut Office users.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
- A good understanding of PC skills including a strong competency in SQL, BI applications, relational databases, and spreadsheets.
- Expert knowledge of Tableau, various data sources, tools and technologies used in preparing summaries and reports will be an advantage.
- A bachelor’s degree in software engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or similar,
- Commitment to uphold ICMC’s values of fairness, equality, and respect of human dignity,
- Commitment to safeguard refugee interests and to prevent any real or perceived abuse of trust and conflict of interest,
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team,
- Ability to communicate in Turkish and English (another language would be an advantage)
- Ability to prioritize tasks and effectively manage the inquiry load of ICMC RSC TuME,
- Possessing at least one of the certificates in relevant BI applications.
- Conduct work with the highest level of personal and professional integrity. Must comply with and actively promote ICMC's zero tolerance policy with regard to sexual exploitation and abuse, harassment, abuse of power, fraud and corruption in all of its activities and responsibilities.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit their application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Vacancy Notice number TU-IST-23-IS-05.
Referees may be contacted prior to the interviewing stage.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 15.12.2023.
Applications will be evaluated upon reception and interviews with shortlisted candidates may be conducted before the closing date.
Owing to the volume of applications, ICMC regrets that only applicants short-listed for an interview will be notified.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be accepted.
ICMC is committed to a Zero-Tolerance Policy toward sexual exploitation, abuses and all forms of unlawful harassment, including but not limited to sexual harassment. Screening of applications includes the vetting for records of prior misconduct and reference checking. ICMC may take other necessary measures to ensure that people involved in substantiated cases of sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment will not be recruited.
ICMC is committed to equal employment opportunities for all applicants. ICMC does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, color, national origin, religion, physical or mental ability, marital status and age.
By submitting your application, you agree that ICMC collects and processes the information you provide. Your personal information will only be used for recruitment purposes. Your application will be kept strictly confidential. In any case, your personal information will be stored until the end of the application process and then destroyed in accordance with the relevant legislation if we do not have the opportunity to offer you a position.
If you have sent your personal information to us, we would like to indicate that you have the following rights.
- Learning whether personal data is processed,
- Requesting information if it has been processed, learning the purpose of processing personal data and whether they are used appropriately for their purpose,
- To know the third parties to whom personal data are transferred domestically or abroad,
- To request correction of personal data in case of incomplete or incorrect processing,
- Requesting the deletion or destruction of personal data,
- Request notification of the processes regarding the correction, deletion, or destruction of personal data to third parties to whom personal data have been transferred,
- Object to the occurrence of a result against the person himself by analyzing the processed data exclusively through automated systems,
- To request the compensation of the damage in case of damage due to the illegal processing of personal data.
Application Address for all ICMC Positions: email@example.com