Malteser International, the worldwide relief agency of the Order of Malta for humanitarian aid, works in more than 20 countries in Africa, Asia and the Americas for people in need, regardless of their religion, origin or political affiliation. Its mission is to provide emergency relief as well as to implement rehabilitation measures and to facilitate the link between emergency relief and sustainable development. Christian values and the humanitarian principles of impartiality and independence form the basis of its work in the following areas: Relief, Reconstruction & Rehabilitation; Health and Nutrition; Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH); Livelihood and Social Programs as well as Disaster Risk Reduction.
Malteser International responds to the humanitarian crisis created by the conflict inside Syria since 2012. Programs are implemented in Iraq, Lebanon, Syria and Türkiye.
In support of our work in Türkiye / Syria, Malteser International is looking for a Kilis and/or Gaziantep based,
Audit Assistant (m/f/d)
As Audit Assistant under guidance of the Senior Audit and Compliance Officer, you will be part of the Audit and Compliance Team.
- Assist the supervisor in verification of financial and legal documents/issues related to MI office/operations in Turkiye and MI-funded-projects implemented by the local MI partners.
- As per guidance of the supervisor, ensure that the documents verified are accurate, correct, and compliant with MI’s guidelines and the rules and laws of the Turkish government.
- Prepare structured reports on the verified documents with suggestions as per guidance of the supervisor.
- Follow up the verification missions’ report findings to ensure the improvement/correction measures are taken in time as per guidance of the supervisor.
- Identify issues for improvement in the procedures of the existing verification activities and share improvement ideas with the supervisor.
- Participate and involve in the third-party monitoring activity and action processes as per guidance.
- Reading and reviewing the monthly and quarterly financial reports of MI-Turkey and MI-partners, check the compliance of the information/figures and share concerning issues with the supervisor.
- Assist in internal and external audit processes as per advice of the supervisor.
- Administrative duties such as filing the verification documentation physically and in MI online folders.
- Any other official duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Maintain strict confidentiality and compliance with the data protection regulations in sharing official information, data, pictures, reports, etc. with external parties.
- Field visits to the project sites in Syria if asked by the supervisor based on the overall security situation.
- Participate in partner assessments process, different external and internal meetings, verification missions, etc. as per advice of the supervisor.
- Substitute the supervisor’s roles in the absence of the supervisor whenever requested for.
- Carry out any other relevant duties – according to professional capacities and position in the organization – as assigned by the Senior Audit and Compliance Officer.
- Turkish citizenship.
- Fluent in English both in written and spoken skills. In addition, Arabic skills will be highly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, banking, economics, administration, or any other related fields.
- At least 2 years of work experience in finance, admin, accounting and/or banking sector.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and database management; skills in accounting softwires will be an asset.
- Experience of working with NGOs is highly desirable, particularly in finance, audit, admin and/or M&E activities.
- Eligible, able and willing to travel project areas in north-west Syria depending on the security situation and requirements of the organization.
- High standards of moral and ethical values.
- Interpersonal skills to work as a team in a multi-cultural team.
- Flexibility and adaptivity to adjust with the values and work-culture of Malteser International.
- Good time management skills to get the tasks done in time with optimum quality.
Starting Salary: Monthly net Euro 920 (Nine Hundred and Twenty).
Period of Contract: One year with 2 months of probation period as per Turkish Labor Law.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Applicants who are not selected will not receive a rejection letter.
If you are interested in this position, candidates will submit the related documents through mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly submit your application (CV, letter of motivation, copies of diploma and three professional references) by 10th February 2023.
Malteser International is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all people, regardless of race, colour, ethnicity, age, gender, disability, confession, or origin. Qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
D-51103 Cologne / Germany
Personal data consent form for candidates
We provide emergency relief in crises such as natural disasters, epidemics, or armed conflicts. During acute crises, teams from Malteser International are on the ground as soon as possible to provide emergency medical care, and ensure the supply of food and other essential aid materials as needed. Supporting the health of the person in an integrated way is the central aim of our work.