ACTED is committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED endeavours to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. The commitment of ACTED and that if our teams is guided by 4 core values: (1) Responsibility: we ensure the efficient and responsible delivery of humanitarian aid with the means and the resources that have been entrusted to us. (2) Impact: we are committed to having the most sustainable impact for the communities and the people with whom we engage. (3) Enterprising spirit: we are enterprising and engage in our work with a spirit that creates value and overcomes challenges. (4) Inspiration: we strive to inspire all those around us through our vision, values, approaches, choices, practice, actions and advocacy.
ACTED’s greening strategy aims to tackle environmental degradation and climate change while meeting the needs of the most vulnerable who are often those most affected by the deepening environmental crisis. Each ACTED employee will adhere to these principles through key green programming responsibilities:
- Contribute towards the adherence and development of the greening strategy plan.
- Explore innovative green programming opportunities and/or solutions within your realm of responsibilities and roles.
- Encouraging and promoting environmental safeguarding processes and environmental programming standards in accordance with SOPs and technical guideline notes.
ACTED PSEAH Policy:
The Area Finance Assistant has the responsibility to adhere to the PSEAH Policy (Protection against Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment). The Area Finance Assistant has the obligation to complete all mandatory training related to the Code of Conduct and the PSEA policy and report any safeguarding concern such as breaches of organisational policies or codes of conduct according to ACTED’s procedures. Area Finance Assistant carries out work duties in a way that does not harm children, vulnerable adults or other staff or volunteers.
The Finance Assistant works under the direct supervision of the Senior Finance Officer. The Finance Assistant is responsible to validate all the payments, manage Aleppo bank account, Accounting, and Archiving.The Finance Assistant will also support the Finance unit in any other matter requiring the Finance Assistant involvement.
- Respect and Follow Up ACTED’s Financial Procedures in payments.
- Produce financial information in line with ACTED Templates.
Duties and Responsibilities
Payments and cash management:
- Prepare payment vouchers as per ACTED internal manual
- Validate the payment’s supporting documents for Suppliers, Salaries, Daily workers, Drivers, Premises, etc.… and ensure compliance with ACTED manual.
- Coordinate with admin team to ensure proper declaration is submitted to the governorate for the fund transferred from HQ and for payments through PTT.
- Proceed with all payment requests of all procurement managed by capital to be processed through PTT.
- Maintain high coordination and communication with the area coordination and field staff regarding cash sufficiency and payments’ status.
- Assist in the monthly cash request preparation to be shared with capital.
Accounting and documentation:
- Update the bank/cash book associated to cash movements.
- Prepare the monthly bank reconciliation.
- Prepare and record vouchers for any money transfers between accountancy books and the money currency exchange in the concerned accountancy book.
- Make sure each entries meets ACTED standards in term of Date, TPC, Harmonised Description, Accounting code, and allocation accuracy.
- Ensure proper follow up on advances to staff and loans to suppliers.
- Payment voucher scanning and storing on server, and physical archiving.
- Support the Senior Finance officer in accounting and cash book.
- Validation and submission of samples to compliance
- Any other tasks assigned by the senior finance officer.
- Support in the governmental audit
- Make sure the archiving system of the department is up to date.
Key Performance Indicators
- Timeline of processing payments and reconciliations.
- Quality of accountancy and Cash request inputs.
- Monthly Archiving report.
- Compliance comments.
- Collage Diploma degree in Finance, accounting, Administration, or any related field.
- Very Good Knowledge of MS office package.
- At least 1 year similar experience in Finance department with NGO/INGO.
- Fluent in Arabic.
- Very good communication skills in Turkish
- Ability to communicate easily in English.
- Rigorous and detail-orientated.
- Preferably has a Certificate/Training in business management, accounting, or administration”.
How to apply;
Interested applicants should apply by filling out the https://forms.office.com/e/Y1tvFtSgPf Please fill out this form and if you have any issues regarding the form please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
For business needs, candidates are encouraged to apply that are Turkish ID holders and legally able to work in Turkey will be considered.
By applying for this position you certify that all the details of your current application, are true to the best of your background and knowledge. You accept the legal mentions of www.acted.org and authorize the automated processing of your personal data by ACTED for recruitment, HR management and administrative compliance control purposes, in accordance with European regulations for the protection of personal data.
ACTED is committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse in the framework of its programs in Syria. The successful candidate will be required to adhere to ACTED Code of conduct and ACTED Global Policies, especially regarding the protection of children and the protection against sexual exploitation and abuse. A rigorous reference and background checks will be undertaken, and information will be requested from previous employers about any disciplinary action of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, and/or sexual harassment during employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
ACTED is committed to gender equity and to have a balanced and diverse workforce. ACTED strongly encourages qualified women, persons with disabilities, and persons from under-represented groups to apply for the position.
ACTED offers a variety of arrangements that enable women to excel in their careers, including flexible working hours for work-life balance, maternity leave, and career coaching.
ACTED never uses external recruitment agencies and recruitment is always free of charge.
The necessity of ensuring the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity, with proper attention to promoting diversity, is the most important concern in the recruitment and employment of staff at ACTED.
This position for limited period (3 months), it might be extended.
Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications to be considered for the current job opening. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision, or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided.
ACTED reserves the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
ACTED currently has operations in northern Syria and Turkey. The activities include WASH, Non-Food Items, Food Security, Capacity Development, and Information Management in camps, urban and rural areas.