Medecins du Monde Turkey (MDM-T) / Dünya Doktorları Dernegi (DDD) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organisation that facilitates access to healthcare for populations affected by armed conflict, violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty and exclusion.
Our organization collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to implement projects that facilitate access to primary and secondary-level healthcare services to respond to the medical needs of displaced population.
DDD is the 16th member of the Doctors of the World International Network that is committed to meeting the health needs of vulnerable people globally.
Since 2015, DDD implements programs in both Turkey and Syria providing refugee and IDP communities with free access to healthcare services. DDD works with a range of humanitarian professionals and technical experts to provide Primary Healthcare (PHC), Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS)services as well as sexual and reproductive health (SRH).
Since the beginning of the Syria and Iraqi crises, Turkey has become host to over 3 million refugees, migrants and asylum seekers which led to an increasing demand for health services. In this context, DDD’s intervention aims to assist local public health systems in providing and improving access to health and health related services to vulnerable populations among refugees and migrants in Turkey, specifically in Hatay, Izmir and Istanbul. In Syria, DDD runs health facilities in Idlib and Afrin provinces to deliver health-related services to IDPs.
Hierarchical & Functional links
Based in Jelemeh, Afrin, the Anaesthesia Nurse is under the line management of the Gynaecologist Team Leader.
Perform all anaesthetic medical activities (pre-anaesthesia evaluation, administration of anaesthesia, recovery period, specific pharmacy, equipment, general organization, etc.)
- Assisting the gynaecologist in the consultations to pregnant due for normal deliveries : evaluating the risks of operating (in collaboration with the gynaecologist ), obtaining patient’s written authorization for their deliveries , providing patients with appropriate information on their illness and treatments, and deciding on what type of anaesthetics to be used in order to collaborate in setting everything up before deliveries if needed .
- evaluating the risks of operating (in collaboration with the gynaecologists ), obtaining patient’s written authorization for their operation, providing patients with appropriate information on their illness and treatments, and deciding on what type of anaesthetics to be used in order to collaborate in setting everything up before delivery . According to set procedures, carrying out all nursing anaesthetics related activities during delivery in order to collaborate in patient's adequate anaesthetized state and safety during the process. Preparing the drugs, material, and equipment required for the intervention . Monitoring pregnant throughout the whole intervention and administering and maintaining anaesthetics following the rules of hygiene and asepsis in force.
- Assisting the gynaecologist in providing post-operative care, including immediate post-operative surveillance in the observation room and special patients present in the intensive care unit, in order to adapt the prescriptions during the stabilization and recovery process. Performing consultation rounds with the gynaecologist Doctor, discussing therapeutic orientations with the department team leader , renewing prescriptions and ensuring they are followed and systematically evaluating patients' pain to adapt prescriptions and/or therapies for their relief.
- Respects, promotes and ensures medical confidentiality.
- Performs cleaning and minor maintenance for biomedical equipment used.
- Follows user manual and protocols and alerts supervisor in case of malfunctioning of any device.
- Implements and follows hygiene rules, procedures and protocols at all times as well as looks after the integrity of anaesthesia material (decontamination, sterilisation, storage conditions, etc.) in order to ensure the safety and protection of patients and other staff.
- Accompanying the referral cases by the organization ambulance car to the final destination with ensuring of applying all the first aid necessities.
- Knows accidental blood exposure policy and procedure and implements them when necessary.
- Any other related DDD tasks as assigned by supervisor/line manager.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description and job title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
Knowledge & Qualification
- Nursing diploma with specialisation as anaesthetics nurse/technician.
- Essential: 3 years of previous supervised work experience as an anaesthetist nurse.
- Desirable: Experience in other NGO’s in similar position.
- Required: Arabic
- Preferred: English
General Qualities required:
- Flexibility and capacity of adapt to complex and changing contexts;
- Ability to work in an international context and collaborate with international and national experts;
- Familiar with multicultural environment;
Dünya Doktorları Derneği is an equal opportunity employer whereby we ensure all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without the practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to apply:
- Please apply with your CV and motivation letter in ENGLISH through our website.
- The deadline for submitting the applications is 19/07/2020.
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği
DDD in Turkey, in collaboration with different partners, is running a project aiming at facilitating access and orienting beneficiaries to primary and secondary level of health care services, providing Psycho Social Support for the refugees and migrants in Turkey.