Position: Advocacy Officer
Job Location: Gaziantep
Reporting to: Advocacy Manager
Working area: Gaziantep, Turkey
Number of positions open: 1
Key relationships: Grants officer, IM and Assessment officer, Information Officer, Field Officer and staff.
General objective of the position:
The Advocacy Officer is responsible for working with advocacy and communications staff in other SAMS country offices and headquarters to influence policies to improve access and services to Syrians and raise SAMS’ profile, and help SAMS Advocacy department to provide reliability and dependability
Main tasks and responsibilities:
Advocacy and communication
- Responsibility for overall communications of the advocacy program (e.g. john Hopkins, and others)
- Ensuring coordination among various departments (programs, advocacy, and information), and consistency in messaging
- Coordinate with programs departments (e.g. Grants, projects, Information, Security) regarding updates.
- Coordinate with Syria field officers regarding updates.
- Supporting communications and organization events, including communication components.
- Track humanitarian community wide reports and policy briefs and provide summary reports to advocacy staff from SAMS.
- Build public relations with various media channels (e.g. TV channels, radio channels, agencies. Etc)
- Provide a weekly report about advocacy efforts and humanitarian situation.
Represent SAMS in coalition and working group meetings, including:
- Health cluster
- Advocacy Working Group
- Protection advocacy Working Group
- Humanitarian Coordination Meeting (UNOCHA and other UN organizations)
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with key policy makers and stakeholders.
Promote and model a positive, professional and respectful office culture.
THE CANDIDATE’S REQUIREMENTS
Mandatory Qualifications required
- A University degree in communication, political science, Public health, International relations, or any related field
- Minimum one years’ experience influencing policy makers.
- Fluency written and spoken in Arabic
- Fluency written and spoken in English
1-Good knowledge with MS Office
2-Good knowledge with the humanitarian project cycle
The salary will be defined regarding the SAMS Turkey Office salary scale on-going.
Interested candidates may please send their resume and fill the application in the following link in the APPLY button
Last date for application is 28/ October / 2020