Duration: 01.09.2020 - 31.12.2022
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German federal enterprise with worldwide operations. We support the German Government in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education activities around the globe. Through our work we assist people and societies in shaping their own future and improving living conditions.
Germany’s international cooperation with Turkey dates back to the 1960s. The Federal Republic of Germany and the Republic of Turkey signed an agreement on technical cooperation in 1970. The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH has maintained an office in Ankara since 1998. On behalf of the German Government and other donors like the EU, GIZ is currently supporting Turkey’s efforts to host approx. 3 mio. refugees. In addition, GIZ implements climate change and energy efficiency projects and is actively engaged in EU pre-accession assistance programmes (for more information, please see https://www.giz.de/en/worldwide/290.html).
GIZ is currently looking to employ a qualified and reputable Advisor for Social Cohesion Mainstreaming on a full-time contract to support the Promoting Economic Perspectives for Refugees and Hosting Municipalities in Turkey Project in Gaziantep (for more information, please see https://www.giz.de/en/worldwide/77109.html).
The Advisor for Social Cohesion Mainstreaming’s responsibilities and duties are stipulated below:
The Advisor for the Mainstreaming of Social Cohesion in the PEP Programme is responsible for;
- (A1): Supporting the PEP Team in the mainstreaming of social cohesion activities with specific focus on field level implementation and support to the Field Team
- (A2): Supporting the PEP Implementing Partners (IPs) in the mainstreaming of social cohesion activities in line with the SCM Strategy
- (A3): Actively contributing to the tasks of the PEP Support Teams, such as research, info-sharing, coordination, M&E and communication among others
- In performing her/his functions, she/he closely liaises with the PEP Field Team, the Social Cohesion Advisor, the Knowledge Management Team and the Action Field 1, 2 and 3 Teams. Ensures that GIZ Accountability, Transparency and Integrity principles of GIZ are always followed
B. Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Masters/MSc in Social Sciences or in other relevant subjects
- Experience in project/component management
- Understanding of civil society, national and international coordination mechanisms of forced displacement and refugee responses’ management in Turkey
- Minimum 3 years of experience in planning, supervising, and implementing capacity development for social, intercultural and inclusive projects in Turkey
- Sound knowledge of national and international standards and procedures for running services and activities for refugees and host community members
- Working knowledge of “do-no-harm” approach and conflict resolution
- Very good interpersonal skills and ability to interact with partners ranging from central (Ministries) to local level (communities)
- Ability to work as part of a multi-cultural team
- Desirably – Experience in capacity development for different institutions
- Desirably - Experience in international cooperation and working in multi-national teams
- Desirably - Experience with implementing refugee programmes in the region
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively in a high-pressure and high-visibility context
- Experience in the context of flight and migration in Turkey and its political, economic, and social trends
- Very good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Native or fluent in Turkish, proficiency knowledge of English with proven record of reporting in English according to the standards of international development cooperation. Fluency in Arabic is an asset
- Willingness to learn on-the-job and to participate to relevant trainings
- Self-motivated, with proven ability to work creatively, proactively, and innovatively with limited direct supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills, patience, and high tolerance for frustration
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems
- Good sense of humour with a strong solution-oriented attitude
GIZ is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion. GIZ is encouraging persons with disabilities to apply for the position. Remuneration will be in accordance with the candidate’s qualification and experience as well as local standards.
Only qualified candidates are requested to send their CV and a cover letter stating qualifications and previous professional experiences to the email address provided in the apply button (max. file size 3 MB) with the reference (Ref: SCM Advisor PEP). Deadline for receiving applications is 8th of July 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.