Vacancy Notice Number:
Gaziantep – Türkiye
6 months Special Short Term Graded Contract (G5)- with possible extension
Deadline of Applications:
7 June 2023
Number of People to be hired
Internal & External
Under overall supervision of Head of Sub Office and direct supervision of Resource Management Officer based in Gaziantep in close coordination with the National HR Officer based in Ankara, the incumbent will be responsible for providing efficient and effective execution of services in functional areas in line with IOM policies, standards and commitments, which include but are not limited to the following:
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Resource Management Officer in the day-to-day functioning of the Resource Management Unit and timely feedback on the relevant areas of office administration.
- Arrange office support services for meetings, trainings, seminars, committees, and special projects and events; attend meetings, prepare minutes, make arrangements for formal editing, translation, etc., of documents and publications.
- Assist and guide newly arrived international staff with settling-in by providing support as regards to housing, medical, banking and educational facilities, transportation, general settling-in support, and follow-up on actions related to official work permit and residency card applications.
- Coordinate with other units to facilitate smooth running and expedition of work within the Resource Management Unit;
- Coordinate with Staff Development and Learning (SDL) regarding available online or in-class trainings and workshops available to staff members; act as a focal point of contact to support iLEARN and respond to training queries in close coordination with the SDL
- Arrange logistics and admin needs including but not limited to printing of training materials, venue reservation, and catering, as needed, with the Procurement and Logistics Unit;
- Process training requests from staff members with relevant units for review and approval, ensuring that required training forms are duly completed, and terms and conditions thereon duly explained to the staff member;
- Provide support to assess the training needs of employees; Coordinate with relevant unit to identify any available and upcoming training and propose related training to staff;
- Act as a focal point of contact to support ILEARN and training queries in close coordination with the SDL Unit.
- Follow up staff to complete the mandatory online training and update record of training list;
- Liaise with and assist Ankara administrative colleagues in RMU unit regarding but not limited to MFA related letter;
- Facilitate and organize any official staff welfare related activity.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Finance or a related field from an accredited academic institution with three years of relevant professional experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, E-mail, Outlook;
- Attention to detail, ability to organize paperwork in a methodical way;
- Discreet, details and clients-oriented, patient and willingness to learn new things; and,
- Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality and data protection
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required;
- Knowledge of IOM/UN regulations, policies, and procedures is highly desirable;
- Ability to work independently against tight deadline
- Pays attention to detail, and is able to organize paperwork methodically;
- Discreet and client-oriented; and,
- Ability to learn new processes and procedures quickly
- Fluency in English and Turkish is required.
- Working knowledge of Arabic is advantageous.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity:
Shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political conviction and other differences.
- Integrity and transparency:
Upholds and promotes the Standards of Conduct and Unified Staff Regulations and Rules.
- Delivers on commitments; manages the organization’s resources reliably and sustainably.
- Embraces and encourages transparency, balancing this with the need for discretion and confidentiality as appropriate.
Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
- Shows self-control and persistence when faced with difficult problems and remains calm in stressful situations.
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and partners; relates well to people at all levels.
- Is fully aware of the team purpose, respects and understands individual and collective responsibilities.
- Willingly puts in extra effort without being asked and adopts a "hands-on" approach whenever necessary to achieve team objectives.
- Coordinates own work with that of the team to meet agreed priorities and deadlines.
- Delivering Results:
•Produces quality results and provides quality services to clients.
- Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services.
- Shows understanding of own role and responsibilities in relation to expected results.
- Managing and sharing knowledge:
- Shares knowledge and learning willingly, and proactively seeks to learn from the experiences of others.
- Accepts personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
- Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism; acknowledges and corrects mistakes and apply lessons learned for improvement.
- Presents information using language and sequence of ideas that is easy for recipients to understand.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
This is a local position and applications from candidates for non-Turkish citizens holding a valid residence permit residing in Türkiye might be considered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number in the subject line of the e-mail to email@example.com or to IOM Birlik Mahallesi Sehit Kurbani Akboga Sok. No:24 06610, Çankaya, Ankara Türkiye by the end of 7 June 2023.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
With 165 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people.
The IOM Constitution recognizes the link between migration and economic, social and cultural development, as well as to the right of freedom of movement.
- National Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
- Senior Project Assistant (CS)-re-advertised
- Consultant (IT)-re-advertised
- Finance Assistant
- Project Field Coordinator
- Project Assistant (CS) - re-advertised
- Senior Project Assistant (Cash-Based Interventions (CBI))-re-advertised
- ICT Intern-re-advertised
- Field Security Associate
- Procurement and Logistics Assistant
- Procurement and Logistics Assistant-re-advertised
- ICT Intern (FabLab)-re-advertised
- Senior Project Assistant (Cash-Based Interventions (CBI))-re-advertised
- Project Assistant (Livelihood)-re-advertised
- Project Support Assistant (Cash-Based Interventions (CBI))-re-advertised
- Security Intern
- Migration Health Nurse-re-advertised