Bahar Organization is an independent non-profit and non-governmental organization that provides humanitarian aid to vulnerable people without any discrimination in all its forms. BO is operating to respond to the needs and basic requirements of the humanitarian crisis in Syria in the middle of the affected communities caused by the conflict the basic principles of BO’s activities are to enhance the basic living standards of the affected population by delivering humanitarian aid based on the needs.
Purpose of Position:
Providing day-to-day support to the finance and Logistics departments, performing duties such as ex-pat and (international) visitor support, flight and hotel reservations, lease agreement payments, facility management, and proper paper trail maintenance for all Admin-related transactions.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
A- Facilities / Office Management/Finance
- Overseeing the facility management of working places including health and safety requirements.
- Supervision cleaning staff to always ensure that the office of clean and compliant with health and safety standards.
- Ensure that the office is stocked with cleaning and stationery supplies and that all items are released from stock in a controlled manner.
- Manage relevant lease agreements for BAHAR premises.
- Make sure premises meet security, health, and safety standards.
- Maintain cash transactions in the HQ and Field Offices including reviewing supporting documents for payments.
- Oversee and ensure a well-documented paper trail in admin files.
- Maintain the inventory for all BAHAR facilities in the location (offices and guest houses)
B- Organizing flight and hotel booking and payments.
- Manage hotel reservations for staff.
- Manage flight bookings for staff.
- Ensure all supporting documents for the payment process for tickets and hotels.
- Carry the market surveys to identify safe and reasonable hotels for country programs.
- Ensure correct and adequate management of procedures and reporting.
C- Event Management
- Support the program to identify and select hotels for workshops, training, and meetings.
- Process the payments for all workshops and seminars.
D- Visibility material, printing, and translation:
- Coordinate with Logistics, media, and procurement teams for printing business cards, ID cards, files, folders, and required material.
- Facilitate and coordinate with translators to translate the required documents in English, Turkish, and Arabic and process payment of it.
Academic Qualification/s and Professional Experience:
- Degree in public administration, business administration, social science, or similar.
- A two years’ experience in the humanitarian sector in at least one of the following areas: logistics, admin.
- good English, Turkish, and Arabic language skills.
- Computer literate and good knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills and the ability to build good relations both internally and externally.
- Experience in security and safety management.
- Experience in liaising with government agencies.
- Ability to work in a systematic and organized manner.
- The ability to prioritize competing demands.
The expected competencies include.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Customer focus – proactively and effectively works with others to achieve the best results.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
- Works in an organized manner and meets required quality and timelines.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Safeguarding & Ethics:
Bahar is committed to ensuring that all individuals we come into contact with through our work, whether team members, community members, program participants, or others, are treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to the core principles regarding the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse laid out by the UN Secretary-General and IASC. We will not tolerate child abuse, sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment by or of our team members. As part of our commitment to a safe and inclusive work environment, team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner, respect local laws and customs, and adhere to the Bahar Code of Conduct Policies and values at all times. Team members are required to complete mandatory Code of Conduct e-learning courses upon hire and on an annual basis.
How to apply
Interested candidates should apply by completing the form at the following link:
The post will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Due to the urgency to fill this role, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Kindly note that the position will be filled before the vacancy announcement is closed; therefore, early applications are encouraged