Admin Finance Logistical Assistant in Social Cohesion Programme in Turkey
Date of issue:31-03-2021 Closing date (Turkish time zone):14-04-2021
Duty station: Istanbul Country: TURKEY
Duty station status: N/A Accompanied status: N/A
Duration:12 Months Category of Staff: National Staff
Grade: Not applicable Vacancy No:REALs022021
Reach Alternatives (REALs, former JCCP: https://reals.org/en) is an international NGO with its headquarters in Tokyo, Japan. In Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan, and the Middle East, REALs runs a wide variety of field projects, ranging from community security and safety, research and training in peace and security, protection of war-affected population, prevention of and response to gender-based violence, livelihood, to peacebuilding programmed with a strong focus on capacity-building.
The organization has been active in Turkey since 2015 and supported Syrian and Iraqi refugees and the host community people in needs. The representative office of the organization, Japan Center for Conflict Prevention Turkey (JCCP Turkey), has been registered in Turkey in 2019, which is located in Istanbul. Our priority areas of work in Turkey in recent years are: Gender, Social Cohesion, youth empowerment, and self-reliance of Syrian and other refugees through provision of gender-responsive protection support.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
1. Financial Management
- Assist the project team in developing and analyzing budgets.
- Assisting in the overall financial operations for multiple projects and accounting procedures; ensuring timely and accurate record keeping and reporting.
- Prepare financial documents such as invoices, bills, and accounts payable and receivable.
- Ensure accurate financial, contractual and administrative reporting of the project compliant with donors’ rules and regulations in coordination with the project team.
- File finance related documents in a timely manner and maintain adequate filing system of financial documents.
- Assist the project team to manage and prepare all expenditure documents to submit to the Turkish accountant.
- Assist inspection and auditing by Turkish authorities and communicate with them to meet their requirements.
- Assist the project team in preparing and processing monthly payroll, tax, social insurance and other statutory deduction payment.
- Ensure timely and cost-effective maintenance of office premises.
- The Asist the project team to maintain Human Resource procedures for both International and national staff including payroll processing.
- Ensure that all office equipment is serviced regularly and in good working condition.
3. Procurement and Logistics
- Assist the project team with transport logistics.
- Assist the project team in ensuring that all other logistics arrangements are prepared effectively.
- Communicate with local vendors and support the project team procurement process and procedure.
- Advanced university degree in business or public administration, finance, accounting, human resources, social sciences or related area.
- A minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in administration, finance, accounting, human resources management, administrative law or related field.
- Work experience with other international organizations, NGOs and/or governmental development agencies.
- Multi-cultural environment working experience.
- Work experience in translation and interpretation.
Knowledge, skills and languages
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Well-organized, accuracy and fine attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Practical, flexible, and creative in challenging moments.
- Ability to produce reports and archive them in a systemic way.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Fluently spoken and written English and Turkish.
- Ability to travel to the project sites in provinces.
- Basic understanding of Arabic.
Application and Contract
Interested candidate to send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
(Email subject: : Please indicate position name that you apply and your name)
- CV in English indicating past relevant experience, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the candidate (email and telephone number) and your salary expectation.
- Motivation letter to explain why you apply for the position.
- List of three (3) professional references and their contacts.
Please note that:
*REALs will contact you only when you passed the 1st screening.
*The job opening will be closed as soon as a candidate is selected.
REALs (Reach Alternatives)
The organization has been active in Turkey since 2015 and supported Syrian and Iraqi refugees and Turkish people in needs. The organization and was registered in Turkey as in 2019 with its head office in Istanbul. Our priority areas of work in Turkey in recent years are: Gender, Social Cohesion, youth empowerment, and self-reliance of Syrian and other refugee through the provision of gender-responsive protection support.