ACTED is Independent, private and non-profit organisation respects a strict political and religious impartiality, and operates following principles of non-discrimination, transparency, according to its core values: responsibility, impact, enterprising-spirit and inspiration.
ACTED is committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavours to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard-to-reach areas. ACTED develops and implements programs that target the most vulnerable amongst populations that have suffered from conflict, natural disaster, or socio-economic hardship. ACTED’s approach looks beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihoods reconstruction and sustainable development.
ACTED’s greening strategy aims to tackle environmental degradation and climate change while meeting the needs of the most vulnerable who are often those most affected by the deepening environmental crisis. Each ACTED employee will adhere to these principles through key green programming responsibilities:
- Contribute towards the adherence and development of the greening strategy plan.
- Explore innovative green programming opportunities and/or solutions within your realm of responsibilities and roles
- Encouraging and promoting environmental safeguarding processes and environmental programming standards in accordance with SOPs and technical guideline notes
ACTED PSEAH Policy:
(Outreach Worker) has the responsibility to adhere to the PSEAH Policy (Protection against Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment). The (Outreach Worker) has the obligation to complete all mandatory trainings related to the Code of Conduct and the PSEA policy and report any safeguarding concern such as breaches of organisational policies or codes of conduct according to ACTED’s procedures. The (Outreach Worker) carries out work duties in a way that does not harm children, vulnerable adults or other staff or volunteers.
ACTED is providing hygiene promotion activities in the camps located in Antakya, the Outreach Worker-Hygiene Promotion will help identify key hygiene practices to be addressed and conduct hygiene promotion sessions in the covered area.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Gather data, contribute in surveys and help feed back findings to stakeholders and the community.
- Record data on routine activities and WASH conditions and forward it to the team leader.
- Help identify key hygiene practices to be addressed and help to plan and carry out appropriate activities to promote safe practices.
- Contribute in facilitation, invitation and conducting hygiene promotion sessions within the targeted camps.
- Encourage the participation of community members throughout hygiene promotion activities.
- Contribute in the in-kind distribution campaigns initially in the assessment and later in the distribution site.
- Report the hygiene promotion activities outcomes to the supervisor and share required information with ACTED field Monitors
- University degree Is preferable.
- Minimum 1 year working in Humanitarian Organization in Hygiene promotion, health community outreach, or any other relevant projects.
- Cultural sensitive and good communication skills.
- Excellent interpretation
- Personal and teamwork skills, working with as a team member.
- Good understanding of SPHERE standards and environment protection considerations.
- Fluent in Turkish.
How to apply;
Interested applicants should apply by filling out the https://forms.office.com/e/YRvRZSkmsv Please fill out this form and if you have any issues regarding the form please reach out to email@example.com
For business needs, candidates are encouraged to apply that are Turkish ID holders and legally able to work in Turkey will be considered.
By applying for this position you certify that all the details of your current application, are true to the best of your background and knowledge. You accept the legal mentions of www.acted.org and authorize the automated processing of your personal data by ACTED for recruitment, HR management and administrative compliance control purposes, in accordance with European regulations for the protection of personal data
ACTED is committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse in the framework of its programs in Syria. The successful candidate will be required to adhere to ACTED Code of conduct and ACTED Global Policies, especially regarding the protection of children and the protection against sexual exploitation and abuse. A rigorous reference and background checks will be undertaken, and information will be requested from previous employers about any disciplinary action of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, and/or sexual harassment during employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
ACTED is committed to gender equity and to have a balanced and diverse workforce. ACTED strongly encourages qualified women, persons with disabilities, and persons from under-represented groups to apply for the position.
ACTED offers a variety of arrangements that enable women to excel in their careers, including flexible working hours for work-life balance, maternity leave, and career coaching.
ACTED never uses external recruitment agencies and recruitment is always free of charge.
The necessity of ensuring the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity, with proper attention to promoting diversity, is the most important concern in the recruitment and employment of staff at ACTED.
Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications to be considered for the current job opening. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision, or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided.
ACTED currently has operations in northern Syria and Turkey. The activities include WASH, Non-Food Items, Food Security, Capacity Development, and Information Management in camps, urban and rural areas.