Are you aiming to work for an organization where it is worthwhile investing your personality, your skills and your time? Are you looking for a job that is exciting and has clear goals? Welcome to Welthungerhilfe!
We are one of the largest and most respected private organisations for development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. As a politically and confessionally independent organisation, our value-oriented actions are always based on ethical principles. Our vision is clear: "Zero Hunger by 2030" - If you want to become part of our global mission to end hunger in Turkey, Syria and Lebanon, we look forward to receiving your application as Accountability Officer in Gaziantep
The position is to be filled by September 6, 2021, with a contract duration until end of the project. Employment location will be Gaziantep, Turkey. The position is paid according to [[paygrade]].
Welthungerhilfe (WHH) is a private, non-profit-making, politically independent and non-denominational relief organization, which supports people living in deprivation and poverty, irrespective of the color of their skin, their religious beliefs or their worldview.
WHH receives funds from its donors for its projects. Whenever necessary funds are provided the duration of the announced post may be extended, if enough fund cannot be found, the activities will stop completely or partially before the envisaged date and the employment contract shall be terminated.
WHH implements projects in Turkey and Syria to assist Syrians under Temporary Protection in their various needs, ranging from the provision of basic needs requirements through cash transfer up to protection related interventions and livelihoods activities.
The Accountability Officer will be the central focal person to oversee and handle WHH’s Complaints and Response Mechanism (CRM) across all projects, which allows communities to voice their opinions and feedback in order for programs to be appropriate, well-targeted, and meeting the needs and satisfaction of beneficiaries. He/she will be responsible for ensuring that all calls are recorded and logged in a systematic way, and that appropriate follow up is provided in a timely manner. The Accountability Officer is located within the MEAL Department in Gaziantep, and reports directly to the Head of MEAL. The position will work with M&E Officers across all of WHH projects to manage feedback, complaints and referrals.
He/she will also closely liaise with other relevant internal and external stakeholders to ensure that WHH’s projects maintain high standards of accountability to our beneficiaries in line with WHH and international humanitarian standards, including the Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS).
Beneficiary Complaints, Feedback and Response
- Ensure all complaints and feedback are entered in the database and kept up to date to ensure that the feedback loop is closed in a timely manner for every call.
- Ensure a proper filing system for all complaints and feedback taken through the hotlines and other channels with filing codes and types.
- Keep up to date with services and resources available within Welthungerhilfe and across partners to ensure accurate advice is provided to callers.
- Collaboratively work with other relevant colleagues across all projects, to ensure trends reported through the hotlines are kept track of, and that emergency cases are forwarded to the respective team.
- Ensure that WHH project activities (including partners) have functioning feedback and response mechanisms and include systems to effectively manage complaints, ensuring timely and appropriate feedback.
Reporting on the Complaints & Feedback Mechanism
- Develop and submit reports and recommendations to the concerned sectors.
- Follow up internally with Welthungerhilfe on complaints and feedback referrals with the appropriate project staff and/or sector leads.
- Respond to pending issues, provide support as needed, and communicate progress back to beneficiaries.
- Produce monthly reports to be shared with all relevant WHH staff that respects the confidentiality of the claimants; contribute to the analysis and the identification of trends in complaints and problems being raised by beneficiaries.
Learning and improvement of the WHH Accountability System
- Share trends and updates regarding complaints and feedback through quarterly and monthly reports with MEAL Department and Head of Projects.
- Conduct field visits to project sites on a regular basis, to keep up to date with implementation and to ensure an additional layer of accountability spot checks.
- Identify opportunities to work collaboratively across agencies and partners where appropriate, to share ideas, experiences, successes, and challenges.
- Contribute to further developing WHH Staff shared vision of the importance of quality and accountability in project implementation.
- Design and conduct training sessions of relevant project staff members (both Welthungerhilfe and partner organisations) to support and ensure quality implementation of accountability to affected population
- Education: University degree in Social Sciences, Statistics, IT or related field
- Work Experience: Minimum three-years professional experience in a similar position, preferably in a non-profit organization and/or humanitarian programs
- Previous relevant experience, such as data collection, analysis, and reporting
- Demonstrated ability in community mobilization and community-level dialogue
- Strong skills in excel and other data management software
- Experience in knowledge and database management
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Ability to build a network and work in a team under pressure.
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
- Language Skills: English and Arabic required (written & spoken).
The Accountability Officer will be obliged to commit to the aims and principles of WHH as well as maintain confidentiality regarding all information obtained in the course of his/her work during the employment at Welthungerhilfe and thereafter.
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. This includes flexible working hours as well as working from home. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by August 1, 2021. Your contact person is Veysel Akkor.
WHH TURKEY JOB CANDIDATE PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice was drafted by Deutsche Welthungerhilfe e.V. Turkey Representation Office (“WHH Turkey”) as data controller in accordance with Article 10 of the Turkish Law No 6698 on the Protection of Personal Data (“Law”) and the Communiqué on the Principles and Procedures in Conforming with the Obligation to Inform.
On the legal bases referred to in Article 5, “the processing activity is necessary for establishment, use or protection of a right” and “the processing is necessary for the conclusion or fulfilment of a contract”, WHH Turkey shall process your name-surname, e-mail address, mobile phone no, references and CV/résumé personal data for carrying out selection and placement processes for job candidates, and transfer them to third party suppliers through your applications to published WHH Turkey job ads via employment agencies or sending your CV/résumé to WHH Turkey directly by wholly or partly automatic means. Additionally, WHH Turkey is going to get in touch with your references assuming that all obligatory information is given, and consents are obtained by your side about sharing their personal data with WHH Turkey.
You may submit your requests to WHH Turkey under Article 11 of the Law concerning the rights of the data subject in accordance with the Communiqué on the Procedures and Principles of Application to a Data Controller.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.